Saturday, 22 July 2017

Chocolate Baroque: Beauty Blooms

Good morning, friends! I want to share an Art Journal inspired by a wedding I recently attended. The bride more pale lavender and cream. She carried a bouquet of pale pink roses.  The sparkly bits in her hair caught the light every time she moved.  Very ethereal. And an Art Journal page was born!

The stamps used on this page are Mackintosh Beauty, Mackintosh Windows and Texture Fragments by Chocolate Baroque.

As always, I started by priming the page with Dina Wakley's Media White Gesso. Next came the colours: Folk Art Acrylic Paint in 438 Ballet Pink, 516 Light Lavender, 632 Rose Pink, 708 Dove Grey and 901 Wicker White. These were applied with a baby wipe.

I framed the page with a lace stamp from the Texture Fragments A4 sheet, stamped with Ranger Archival Shadow Grey ink. For the floral arrangements in the corners, I cut up the various images from both Mackintosh Beauty and Mackintosh Windows and adhered them together. Liquid Pearls and Lawn Fawn Orchid twine brought texture and movement to the bouquet.

Here comes the bride all dressed in ... ivory! I coloured her with Copics and adhered her to the page with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.

To add interest to the page, I applied Ranger Texture Paste over MFT Snowfall stencil. But first I added a hint of colour to the paste with the tiniest drop of 438 Ballet Pink and Faber-Castell Metallic Icing Gelato. Just enough to knock back the white of the Texture Paste. I also sprinkled some sparkly frosting and threw in a few bling for good measure. Did you seriously think I'd forget my beloved bling?! :)

I stamped the quote using Claire Brenan's Victorian Alphabet and Ranger Archival Plum ink.

Challenges:
Crafty Friends #62: Floral
Creative Artistes #28: Anything Mixed Media Goes
Emerald City #1: AG
Daisy Chain Challenge #10: Floral

And there you have it - a bridal AJ page. I wasn't sure about it in the beginning. But I have to admit, she is growing on me!

Thank you so much for stopping by and have an amazing day!

Beijinhos

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page!!
    Thank you for the details Asha.
    I wish you a lovely weekend, be creative! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesomely beautiful page sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So another beautiful card with a great background and such pretty roses and a bride. One always must have some bling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word Asha, this is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Asha really gorgeous huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Asha this is so beautiful, gorgeous colours and wonderful design, I love the composition of stamps you've used to create your card, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just amazing Asha, the colors, your coloring, every detail. I have been wondering how long a journal page like this takes you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Asha. The colours you have used are gorgeous.
    Carole :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your AJ page is a delight, Asha!! Fabulous image, so beautifully coloured and love the details on the background! A piece of art as you always do, my talented friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful project. Thank you for playing along at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog
    Good Luck
    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning journal page and colours Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful canvas. Love the design. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Thanks for sharing your wedding card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your card is absolutely beautiful and fits perfectly with our ‘’Floral’ challenge theme… I love Rennie MacIntosh inspired stamps, so will have to pop over to CB store and take a look, would love these stamps in my collection... please join us next time and good luck in the draw.

    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...