Thursday, 29 September 2016

Art Journal: Autumn Breeze

Hello, friends!!! Today's post is a very special one for a couple of reasons. First - it is an ART JOURNAL collaboration with a very dear and special blog friend - VICKI PARSON of Stamp Smiles. We are both new to art journaling and it made sense to walk and work together on this journey. And secondly - TODAY is Vicki's birthday. What better way to celebrate, right?!

Here's my Art Journal page about Autumn. I love this time of the year - the weather is cooler, the smell of fruits and spices in the air and leaves of the most amazing shades of red, russet and gold decorate the trees and pavements - oh joy!

The mushrooms are from Chocolate Baroque's stamp sheet: Autumn Poppy. I coloured them with Copics, fussy cut and adhered down with Multi Medium Matte. The pumpkins are by Clearly Besotted from a set that is discontinued called Boo To You. I wanted to create a scene in the forest, where the leaves have settled and the grass is slowly beginning to lose its colour. I used Lawn Fawn's Grassy Border die on some olive green CS, deepened the colour with Brushed Corduroy and splashed some water for that splodgy look. Then I applied some Ranger Micro Glaze to fix the ink.

And the leaves are falling on the pumpkin patch. These were cut with Lawn Fawn's Small Stitched Leaves die. I used Distress Inks to colour them: Wild Honey, Mustard Seeds, Barn Door, Crushed Olive, Abandoned Coral, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalde, Carved Pumpkin... to name a few.

The falling leaves are gently settling by the mushrooms. I think it's magical! I used a white gel pen to add some highlights to the mushrooms.

I decided on a vibrant blue for the crisp and cool air of autumn. the perfect background for the golden leaves swirling down in the breeze. And to further illustrate the cool autumn breeze, I added texture to the background with a stamp from Chocolate Baroque's Seasonal Fragments sheet and stamped it with Dandelion Ranger Archival Ink. I applied Folk Art Acrylic Paint with a baby wipe to create the background. I used  Echo Park Allison and Lawn Fawn Riley alphabet stamps and Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink for the quote. Finally, I splattered a little Folk Art Metallic Pure Gold ink on the background.
Challenges:
SSS Work It Wednesday September: Red, Orange, Yellow and/or Brown
Crafting By Design: Favourite Season
Mod Squad: Falling Leaves
Sisterhood of Crafters: Fall Harvest (pumpkins)
Word Art Wednesday #250 - #251: AG Inspirational
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: AG
Happy Little Stampers September Mixed Media: Distress

Now please head on over to VICKI PARSON of Stamp Smiles and check out what she has made, I haven't seen it yet... and I am so looking forward to it. She is one super talented lady.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, friend!

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a beautiful day!

x Beijinhos x

25 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW!!!!! OMG Asha! This is completely AMAZING!! Fall is my fave time of year too and you have represented it so completely gorgeous in every way! I can't get over all of the images and coloring you've done here! I love the layers of grass with the leaves tucked between them and your coloring with the images is over the top awesome my friend!! I can see I'm going to be learning SO MUCH from doing this with you!! I am in love with this one!! I need to pin it to my AJ inspiration now!! I can't tell you how much I love this and I love even more that we are doing this together! Thanks for being such an awesome blog friend...you totally rock in every way!! BIGGEST OF HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card Asha, wonderful strong vibrant colours and fabulous images, brilliant design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Asha, was für eine wundervolle herbstliche Karte.
    Ich liebe deine so schön zusammen gestellte Szene.
    Herrliche Farben, die wirklich nur der Herbst zeigt.
    Ein großartiges Werk. Du kannst stolz darauf sein.

    Herzlichst Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just GORGEOUS Asha! LOVE your fabulous coloring and your design is awesome! The leaves flowing down into the layers of grass ... genius! What fun that you and Vic are doing this together ... I'm hoppin' right over to see her now!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Fall Harvest’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am blown away by this Asha, what a totally beautiful piece. I would frame It!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely stunning - I love it! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!!!! I need to do a pinterest board only for your mixed media!!! Your talent always shines, Asha!!! Another just breathtaking Journal Page!!! AMAZING!!!!
    https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524484872975/
    This scene is magical with these mushrooms and the leaves that swirling down in the breeze!! And the layers of grass withthe other leaves, the dandelions fragments... any detail looks stunning, so vibrant and realistic!! The air with these shades of blue make me feel the fresh breeze, really!! This is an amazing scene!!! Thank you very much to share your masterpieces and the process with us! They are always a joy for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful with so many wonderful details, Asha! Sure doesn't look like you're new to this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful journal page scene! Love the fall colors. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, Asha! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! What a beautiful, colorful page! Big wow! Hugs, Autumn (SewPaperPaint)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful work sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous coloring and I just love the Fall scene you created. Adding the white gel pen ink really made things look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW. Asha...breath taken away by your gorgeous fall-themed art journal page! Definitely a work of art deserving of framing and displaying. How fantastic that you and sweet Vicki are pairing up for this new journey; a dynamic duo of talent, indeed!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your art is always such a blessing to me, Asha. God has given you so much talent and I'm grateful that you take the time to share your talents by playing along in our challenges. I appreciate it, and always enjoy my visits to your blog. Have a wonderful week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, such a work of art. My favorite part is the blue background - its just the perfect shade of blue to make everything pop perfectly! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is totally awesome, so many amazing elements it takes awhile to take it all in, this is another one that needs to be framed and go up on your wall, I believe you missed your calling and need to be an artist, actually you are an artist, an amazing one dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful autumnal design and makes me want Autumn even more, You are such amazing talent and this is one awesome design, WOW!!!!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!!! fabulous page and the colouring is so beautiful and bright Asha..loz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous Autumn journal page, love it all.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not only are the colors impressive, but there's so much dimension in this scene. Wow and wow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful journal page love all the Autumn inspired images and rich Autumn colours
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a wonderful journal page. Love those mushrooms! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Asha, this is WOW-mazing art journal page! LOVE everything on it!
    Thank you for playing along with HLS - Mixed Media September Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey, my friend, I just saw that you took a Top 3 spot at Mod Squad with this fantastic card! Congratulations. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow this is so lovely. I like the mushrooms.
    Thanks for playing with us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...