Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Birthday Wishes

Well hello there, dear friends. Trust you had a sizzling weekend. And now its the start of a brand new week. We've having some home improvements done - nothing fancy, just the usual maintenance bits and bobs like weather proofing the exterior walls, reflooring the roof-top terrace, replacing a few wonky roof tiles and retouching the painting-work. Most importantly we are also taming our angry bougainvillaea and over-zealous creeping ivy. They're pretty but completely out of control. With all this confusion at home crafting is a little tricky right now. But here's my MojoMonday #252 contribution - can't miss that! I'm using colours from The Ribbon Reel Challenge #34 "Retro".













Here's my card:
I'm using papers from Basic Grey's "Sweet Threads" 6x6 pack. It has all the colours  for the Ribbon Reel challenge. The sentiment is from WMS Basket Additions set. For embellishment I have twine and a single pale pink mulberry paper rose.
The the wild roses stamp is from a freebie set called "A Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady". I coloured it with Spectrum Noir markers. Did some out-of-the-box die-cutting and tied a yellow bow around the rose that's sticking out.  
Here's a close-up of the wild roses. Need more practice my colouring. Good news is with the wallet-friendly Spectrum Noirs  I don't feel so bad playing with colour blends as I do with my Copics. 
See? I haven't forgotten my pop dots! And everything is stitched down tight in case of gale force winds.
Here's the inside of my card. Still stitching away...

Dies
Spellbinders Labels 14 S4-290
Spellbinders Labels 20 S5-026

Inks 
Memento Tuxedo Black
Memento Potter's Clay
Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Distress Ink 



You'll also find me at Stamp & Create "Stitch It Up" and  Paper Pretties Monday Challege #52 "Anything Goes".

Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog. See you again at my next post? Until then take, have a rockin' week.

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Tia Maria on ice and 

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty take on the sketch. love the flower image and fab paper.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! Your colouring is wonderful!! I like all the stitching, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello again-back from my travels! Loving this flower stamp and your colouring is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, the floral image is so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha I love the soft colors of the flowers - you made them so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...