Friday, 29 June 2012

B'day Cake

Fabby Friday, my Crafty Cronies! In a few hours I'll be sipping my weekend aperitif at a friend's birthday celebration. Of course, its actually a birthday party, but she's calling it a celebration ... so yeah, let's celebrate! I'll cut out the waffle and dive straight into the card. Need to pick my kitty from the vet before heading back home. So here goes: the sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches #41 and the colour combo is from ColourQ #143. It's a simple uncluttered card... probably as close to a CAS card as I'll ever get!















The papers from "Togetherness" 6x6 by Cosmo Cricket.
The sentiment is from the "Asian Gardens Additions" by WMS. I added some red polka dot ribbon.
The cake stamp is from my stash of orphan stamps. If you recognise it please leave your positive ID in the comments below. I stamped it on grey CS, heat embossed it in white and cut it out with Spellbinders Lacy Ovals die. (At the flames of the candle I sprinkled some clear EP for a subtle shine... but it looks like I made a mess!) Then I layered the grey die cut onto a piece of white CS which I cut with Spellbinders Labels 16 and did some stencilling with TH's Wild Honey... soft glow from the candles, maybe?  
And I elevated the the lot with lashings of foam tape. 
For the inside I stamped a sentiment from WMS's "Say It Loud" set.
There you have it! A celebration card.  I'm also linking this to Carisma Cardz Challenge #25 "Anything Goes". I'm off to the vet now. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend, y'all!

-x- Beijinhos -x-


p.s. If you're looking for inspiration, why not swing by MIM #96? I'm taking my B'day Cake to their linky party. See you there!



Blogged to:
Honey roast nuts (I'll regret this tomorrow) and
Can't believe the CD's 10 years old!



19 comments:

  1. lovely card
    thanks for joining us at Charisma
    Allisonx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work~I love your ribbon treatment Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that cake stamp and how you have embossed it-haven't done that yet-will need to youtube it to find out how. We got got a bit of your fab waffle which I always love to read-brings a smile across the miles! Have a suoer Saturday and thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card Asha! The ribbon and the stitching add so much to the card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the detail..inside and out. I never think to do anything on the inside. Thanks for the inspirations. Glad you joined us at the ColourQ this week. And the Newboys...LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty colors, Asha! I had to giggle about the foam mounts.....I get foam mount-happy sometimes too LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card Asha! Beautifully put together! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card ... love the pretty colours, very well put together!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the white stamping and embossing against the grey - it looks great! You've finished the inside of the card so beautifully - I really should try that sometime...I'm just way too lazy..

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful!!! Even your CAS cards are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card, lovely papers and the cake looks great embossed.
    Thanks for linking up to MIM this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the DSP and your layered image. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello. I saw this fantastic card on MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card. Popping by from MIM to visit..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card, love your colours and layout, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Asha, this is such a lovely colour combo, I really like your card this week.

    I saw you at MIM. I'm #170 this week, I love it if you stopped by.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely in love with your project! Thanks for sharing!
    I saw this on Make it Monday!
    These are my entries: # 129, #158, #160, #162, # 250 and #252 (Candy Alert) would love it if you could visit.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  19. How yummy looking! Love everything about it! Saw it on Make it Monday.

    Hugs,
    Debra Pate
    Fabulously Creative
    http://debrapate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...