Friday, 18 May 2012

In Sympathy...

Happy Friday, my friends, Happy Friday! I've got a packed day today, plenty to get done by the end of the day. So this will be a quickie, partly because I really am rushed off my feet and partly because I had to make a card that I never wish to make - a sympathy card. I'm a coward that way! My friend's mother passed away a yesterday. At 93, she was a reasonably healthy and active lady, helpful and oh so full of stories of the good ol' days. Always cheerful, I have never heard her complain about anything, not even the weather! Next to her, I'm nothing more than a cantankerous old hag! She lived a full life, happily married to her soul-mate and they celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary last month. No one will miss her more than her husband.

I've chosen the sketch from WMSC #97 and the colours are from The Play Date Cafe #132.












The papers are from Papermania's Capsule Collection "Liquorice Sherbet" .
I matted the layers in black and did some stitching in black too and added some sheer yellow ribbon and tied a bow - my splash of mustard, so to speak!  
The sentiment is from WMS Asian Garden Additions set, stamped on black CS with Versamark and heat-embossed with Stampendous Fine White EP. And finally 3 white pearls complete the card.
Plain and simple on the inside.

That's it for now. Thanks for dropping by and I'll see you tomorrow, maybe!  Have a blessed day!

Beijinhos.

p.s. Drop by Make It Monday #90 - there are some cute stuff on display there!


  Blogged to:
  Hot chocolate and
Great songs from 2004

12 comments:

  1. wow, this is an awesome color combo, luv the mix of patterns and designs you used...awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card, the papers are so elegant. The whole effect is soothing, too, to match the sentiment. Great job, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sympathy cards are always really tough to make. I think this is really super - I like the spot of colour in the ribbon. I'm sure it will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really nice!! The touch of colour is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Elegant card Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is a perfect card for expressing sympathy. The "splash" of yellow keeps it from being dreary. So glad you joined us in the Cafe... HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God bless her, what an incredible life and 75 years of marriage too, that's amazing. :) So sorry to hear that you had to make such a card, but I'll be honest, it's one of the most smashing sympathy cards I've ever seen. I really admire this style. :)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card, I have a hard time making sympathy cards, but your card is amazing. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello. I saw this Beautiful card on MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an apt colour scheme. Saw your project on Make it Monday and had to come over and take a closer look. I’m enjoying looking at all the amazing inspiration.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi

    It is always hard to make a sympathy card but you have done an amazing job.

    Such an elegant style.

    She sounded like a wonderful woman and I am sure her family appreciate this heartfelt card.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...