Friday, 30 March 2012

Get Well Soon

Happy Friday, my friends! Finally! I hope the weekend will bring fairer weather. It rained for most of the day today and was considerably colder than yesterday, which, in turn, made me decidedly despondent. Arguably, the perfect frame of mind to make a get well card! The drip-drip-dripping rain drove me nuts.  I channelled my frustration into making a card that is so sunny and bright it will jolt the sick into wellness. Aaah! Just what the doctor ordered! My prescription:  Sketch #139 by Tuesday Morning Sketches, design inspiration from PCL's Makeover Monday Challenge and colour inspiration from Crop Stop Challenge #65 "Oh so bright!" Sit back and enjoy the warm glow of the sun ...

The patterned paper is from Papermania's Capsule Collection "Sunshine" by Tina Higgins. For layering, I used bright orange CS.
I die cut those little doily shaped thingamabobs with Nellie Snellen's Circle Dots die and adhered a button in the  centre od each. And for added glare, I went for some bright orange satin ribbon.
The sentiment is from Paperminia's Clear Sentiment set. I attached orange eyelets and threaded the ribbon through, diagonally.  
Had to use a bit more of that bright orange CS... no point being subtle!

That's my get well card, with a vengeance. Thanks for stopping by and see you at my next post ... probably later today. Too soon?

Beijinhos!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card! The bright orange is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop "oh so bright" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color palette for this Get Well card, Asha. Love the small doilys and the off set eyelets by the sentiment. Thanks for plating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very darling. I love the way you did the tag and ribbon treatment. So very lovely. Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet get well card. I love the color - orange is so cheery. The eyelet flowers are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that offset ribbon! Thanks for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! I love your flowers with the button centers. Thank you for joining the fun at CropStop's "Oh So Bright" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun card....thanks for playing the CropStop challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...