Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Too Soon For Spring?

It's only January and I am tired of scrapping ice off the car every morning. Although we have no control over the seasons, we can force an early spring in our craft rooms. Which is what I have done with the help of Card Patterns Sketch #147. I have a jar full of buttons just waiting to be used, somehow they rarely make it onto my cards until this adorable little sketch turned up... the perfect excuse to use my buttons!

Here's my take on the sketch:
I'm going for a whimsical fun look, almost child-like. This card is as uncomplicated as it gets: a 4.5x4.5 Mellow Yellow card base and patterned papers from Doodlebug's 12x12 spring pack, plus a few embellishments, some stitching and ... voila!   
I cut the flower with Marianne Designs Creatables Poinsettia, inked the edges with TH's Antique Linen and applied Crystal Stickles on the stamen. A metallic green brad is holding it all together. 
I gently curled the petals, adhered the flower to the card with pop dots.  Also threw in a couple of pink mini brads to balance out the card.
 I stitched the buttons on to the card... didn't want to risk them falling off and chocking anyone! ;-) 
 An aerial view of the card... guess I got carried away with the camera!
Here's the inside; kept it simple with some faux stitching.

 
I've also linked up this card to Papertake Weekly's Cute Die-cuts and Top Tip Tuesday #67. Well worth a visit for a creative hit!

Thanks for stopping by. See you at my next post!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card - I love buttons on cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great use of buttons, Lovely colours, nice and fresh. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fab design. love the flower, button, sewing and design. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so different and lovely bright happy colours. Fab that you've decorated the inside too. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is most definitely never too early for spring! So glad to get a preview of it with your card today. I love the dimension on your flower! Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...