Saturday, 28 January 2012

Miss You

I recently discovered the Diva by Design blog where it's challenge #19 this week: "It's a sketch!"...just my thing! It's cute, it's sassy and instead of being uber-compliant, my card is a mirror image of the sketch. That's me being naughty! And guess what? I'm taking it a step further by combining it with another challenge...oh I'm bad! :-))  I've chosen "Thinking of You / Missing You" challenge #5 theme from Chocolate Coffee & Cards. I've put the 2 together and come up with this cheery little number:
The papers are from Basic Grey's "Sweet Threads" pack. The dies are from Spellbinders Fleur-de-Lis Squares set - probably my fave dies at the moment!
The focal image is sitting on foam tape.  
Minimal colouring with Promarkers on the bird and I pulled only colours found is the background papers: green, pink and orange. The little bird is from PolkaDoodle stamps. The sentiment is from Personal Impressions Round Tags set and I stamped it with Memento Rich Cocoa. 
I inked the edges of the sentiment label with TH's Antique Linen and a touch of Vintage Photo at the edges. As always, all the panels are stitched.
And here's the inside, nothing fancy. Plenty of room for a mushy message!

Don't forget to take a peek at some awesome cards over at Make It Monday and if you love Basic Grey then a pit-stop at Basic Grey Challenges is mandatory!

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you at my next post!

7 comments:

  1. Super card. I love the papers and image. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Such a great layout and I love all the layers. Your colors are so upbeat and cheerful! AND the inside is pretty too! So happy you played along with us at CC&CC. Aloha, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your beautiful card at MIM! Cute image! Very pretty papers! Love the colors - so spring and cheery! Wonderful die-cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely adorable! LOVE it! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Remember, to be in the running to win second prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your card on MIM and stop by for a closer look. Love what you have done with the design.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Asha,
    I love this, the fab papers & colours & the cute little birdie! Great take on our sketch. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really gorgfeous layout Asha and just love your inside too! Thanks for linking up to the Make It Monday party honey!

    Mary J xxx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...