Thursday, 5 January 2012

Eduardo

I made this card for a friend's little boy, Eduardo. She purchased a custom-made a toy-box for him and it will be delivered this weekend. She's very excited and young Eduardo is equally stoked. These days, not many kids have toy boxes. Xbox - yes; toy box - not so much. I decided to play along by making a card to mark the day - and what could be better than Crate Paper's "Toy Box" paper pack. The sketch is from Skipping Stones Designs Sketch Challenge #109 - quite different from your average card sketch. I couldn't wait to but give it a whirl. 
Here is my take on the sketch:

The card measures 4.75"x6" and the patterned papers are from Crate Paper's "Toy Box" collection. I inked the edges with Tim Holtz's Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
Instead of a ribbon,  I set eyelets at the top of each paper strip and threaded some packing string through the holes and tied a neat little bow. Didn't think a little boy would appreciate ribbons and bows!  In keeping with the vintage look of the card, I frayed the ends of the string.
With the help pf some alpha peel-offs, I added the young man's name to the card. I also stitched the background layer.
And to create some movement on the card, I didn't completely stick down the strips of paper. 
On the inside, I adhered a couple of strips of paper from the same collection.

Thanks for stopping by. See you at my next post!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute card! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! It's adorable! Thanks so much for joining the sketch challenge at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute!! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...