Saturday, 10 December 2011

Christmas Trio

My sister-in-law is one of the kindest, most genuine people around. She is always looking for the good in everyone. However, she is also utterly, totally absent-minded, disorganised, haphazard and casual - the kind of person who'd forget her own head if it weren't screwed on...tight!

Now, she's probably unaware that Christmas is but a fortnight away. So, to help her out a bit (and because I know she will not get around to her Christmas cards before the end of the year), I made her a dozen cards. There are 3 designs, 4 cards each. That should keep her busy tomorrow.

I've used the same patterned papers for all three designs, but played around with the shapes and embellishments. They were fairly easy and did not take long to finish.

The card measures 3.5"x3.5". The candy cane is from Spellbinder's Holiday Cheer Shapeabilities, which I cut and embossed. Since its Christmas, I threw some red gemstones on all 4 corners!


 I stencilled the candy cane using Versacolor Scarlet and Sage, then applied some Red and Crystal Stickles. The greeting is heat embossed using Stampendous white embossing powder.


Using the same papers, I made round cards measuring 3.5" diameter. Santa's hat is from Spellbinder's Holiday Cheer Shapeabilities, which I cut and embossed. The circles and flower shapes were cut with Nellie Snellen's Multiframe Dies MFD011. I tied a simple knot to the top with some green satin ribbon.


I stencilled Santa's hat with Versacolor Scarlet and applied Frosted Lace Stickles to the trim for texture. The greeting is stamped using Versacolor Scarlet . 


The final set - rectangular cards. Still using Spellbinder's Holiday Cheer Shapeabilities, I cut and embossed the stocking. I stencilled the cuff, toe, heel and the snowflakes using Versacolor White craft ink. I used Signo Uniball White Gel pen to draw some faux stitching. the stocking is hung to the card base using some white baker's twine.


For extra shine I slapped on some Diamond Stickles to the centre of each snowflake. The greeting is stamped  with Versacolor Silver and cut using Nellie Snellen's Multiframe Dies MFD011. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...