Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Season's Greetings

This week's MojoMonday sketch featured damask design and polka dots that looked awfully familiar...and then I realised that I actually have these patterned papers in my stash!  I was very tempted to try out a round card and felt that the papers would look better square. So, here it is - my offering for this week's challenge.

The patterned papers are from Papermania's Signature collection "A Christmas Carol". I inked the edges with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink "Vintage Photo"
The greeting is from WMS "Compliments of the Season" stamp set. I stamped a decorative frame using WMS "Holiday Labels 14", heat-embossed with Metallic Gold and cut it using Spellbinders Labels 14 for a fancy finish. 
I embellished the card with some gold trimmed ribbon, a button and amber-coloued flower. Some hand-stiching in gold metallic embroidery floss frame the card. 
For the inside of the card, I cut and distressed the edges of the papers and inked with "Vintage Photo". Then I stuck them down in reverse order and punched the edge with X-Cut Decorative Border "Leafy Lace".   

1 comment:

  1. What a different color combo for Christmas! Great work!

    Visiting from Mojo Monday
    xo
    Kristina
    Please stop by and say hello!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...