Monday, 12 June 2017

Chocolate Baroque: Bold Butterfly

Good morning, friends. I made a one-layer birthday card. Oh yes, I did! Trust me, I'm surprised myself but stranger things have happened!

I started by heat embossing the largest butterfly from the Patchwork Butterfly A4 sheet with WOW Gold Rich EP directly onto the card base.

Next, I worked on the background by blending Distress Inks in shades of green: Crushed OliveMowed LawnPeeled Paint and Pine Needles. Then I sprinkled some watered down Dina Wakley White Gesso to add interest to the background. I also added random blobs of Icicle Stickles for a touch of magic.

And finally, the greeting from Words To Dazzle and Sparkle stamped with Versafine Onyx Black.

I added colour to the gold embossed butterfly using Distress Inks: Barn DoorMustard SeedWild Honey and Squeezed Lemonade.
That's all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon!

Beijinhos

17 comments:

  1. wow a one layered card, love how you added the colour around the butterfly and then around the gold, a really rich feel...did you have to flatten this under books to stop it from curling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha. Your card is stunning, the background really makes the butterfly pop. Best wishes Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asha. Your card is stunning, the background really makes the butterfly pop. Best wishes Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the butterfly is lit from behind .what an awesome effect . Love it 😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing inking Asha, really it makes the background so vibrant and translucent! Love the big gold butterfly, too! Magical card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this and the techniques have given me ideas for my Christmas crafting. I'm new to stamping having really only started about 3 months ago but I'm loving the messy stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful one layered card Asha... it should be framed!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the non layered card that looks layered which you created with the colours and shading. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH, my! This is so gorgeous. You really captured the shimmer effect. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Thank you for submitting with Artistic Inspirations. Vicki- DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning card Asha, the colours are wonderful and gorgeous design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, this is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. An elegant one layered creation! It turned out beautifully! That gold embossing is such a regal addition and gives it such richness! Thanks for sharing with us at Mustard Seed Faith Challenges! Hope to see you playing along with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you created this beautiful and gorgeous butterfly - so amazing. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly dreams challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning! Thanks so much for playing with us at PDE Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (PDE DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...