Monday, 27 March 2017

Art Journal: He is Risen

Hello, friends! Welcome to another ART JOURNAL collaboration with a very dear and special blog friend - VICKI PARSON of Stamp Smiles. We are both passionate about art journalling and we have a monthly show and tell. What better reason to get inky and messy and, as an added bonus, we get to inspire and encourage each other while having fun.

We are half way through Lent and an Easter inspired Art Journal seems appropriate. I wanted to create "serious" page... not the usual bunny rabbits and chocolate eggs. My starting point was this cling mounted stamp angel by Chocolate Baroque called Rejoice! and the rest took shape quickly.

I primed the background with Faber Castell Gesso before applying Folk Art Acrylic Paints. Blues for the sky, yellows for the rising sun leading down to deep earth tones of the hills.

Here's the angel. I heat embossed her wings with WOW Bright White EP onto vellum. The rest of her I stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle, coloured with Copics, fussy cut and adhered  to the page, except for the lower half of her bodice so she looks like she's floating.

The grassy accents on the hills are from Silhouette Grasses stamped with Ranger Archival Fern. I also stencilled in some swirls using Tim Holtz Flourish stencil and Ranger Dye Ink Lemon Twist. The cross is a die cut using the smallest cross from  Spellbinders Shapeabilities Cross 2 set. I cut it out several times with dark brown cardstock and adhered them together. Then I rubbed on some Chocolate Gelatos and Iced Chai Gelatos.

I applied some Faber-Castell Gelato Metallic Icing on the sky to get a misty cloudy look. To finish the page I applied Versamark all over and heat embossed everything with WOW Clear Sparkle EP.

You can see the sparkle as it catches the light. I didn't adhere her wings all the way so she looks like she's hovering. Also, I used foam tape to prop up her head for added dimension.

And here is another look at my Easter Art Journal. I stamped the quotation using Claire Brennan's  (Waltzing Mouse) Victorian Alphabet and Ranger Archival Jet Black ink.

"He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come and see the place where He lay."
Matthew 28:6 KJV

Challenges:
Addicted To Stamps #144: Easter
HeARTful Stamping Mar 16: AG
Mustard Seed Faith #1: Use Yellow
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Things With Wings
Make My Monday #42: White Embossing (wings)
Hiding In My Craft Room #294: Any Holiday (Easter)
PDE Linky Party #165: Anything But A Card

Please head on over to VICKI PARSON of Stamp Smiles and check out what she has made. Vicki never ceases to amaze me with her creativity.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope your week is off to a magical start!

Beijinhos!

SaveSave

22 comments:

  1. Wow Asha, this looks incredible!! I absolutely LOVE the blended sky on down towards your ground hills! The sparkle and regal you've captured on the angel is so gorgeous! I love your clever use of the colors and the highlights to make it feel like the warmth from the sky! You are getting SO GOOD at this my friend! Thank you for sharing this stunning page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Art Journal page sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Asha this AJ page is the perfection!!!! Really breathtaking!! AMAZING!!!! Love all the blended colours and the sparkling and such fabulous techniques you used for giving dimension to this awesome angel and all his details! Wonderful work of art!! I haven't enought words...I'm speechless!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!
    And pinned, obviously! https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524487931857/
    Hugs my supertalented friend!! Baci!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful art journal page. Thanks for sharing at PDE Linky Party.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous journal page -beautiful image and love the background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza!!! Just absolutely beautiful. The angel is incredible detailed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so beautiful! I love the angel which works so well with the card. The whole background is well coloured and the glitter is the perfect topping

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very beautiful in every way. Wonderful images and gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creation. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very detailed and you put so much work into this lovely creation! Thanks for joining us for our first challenge at Mustard Seed Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! This is just incredible! Love the dimension,,the colors, the scenery...just everything. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous journal page asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  14. fab coloring
    thanks for playing with us at addicted to stamps
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fantastic Easter Journal page!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, amazing page, did you hear me oohing and ahhing out loud? No words to describe this, it is beyond amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful colors and a lovely image! I love that you chose an angel for the wings! Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Asha! You've created a really beautiful page! I love it!
    It's great to see you join our first challenge at Mustard Seed Faith! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful art journal page, Asha! I live the scene you created and all the sparkle. Thanks so much for joining us at Mustard Seed Faith challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful journal page! Thanks for joining us atMake My Monday

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your page is gorgeous...love the rich colors. Thank you for participating in our first Mustard Seed Faith Challenge. We absolutely LOVE your beautiful inspiration. Hope you will come back to our next challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your page is awesome. So glad that you focused on what the true meaning of EASTER is. I love the texture and colors on the background. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Mustard Seed Faith Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...