Friday, 13 January 2017

Chocolate Baroque: Leafy Hearts of Gold

Hello, there! It's Friday the 13th.... eeeek!

It's been a week since I posted anything. Mr Mojo is not back from his Christmas back... probably drunk in a ditch somewhere. I'm flying solo here. :)

If your mojo needs a little nudge, make sure you catch our lovely Lesley Wharton on Hocahnda TV. She'll be showcasing the stamps I used for my project today and many more gorgeous Chocolate Baroque stamps you'll recognise.

Today's card is a big one at 5½" square. I started by inking the card with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and stamping Big Bold Background Belle Flowers with the same ink.

Next I heat embossed the leafy heart from Harlequin Rose with WOW Gold Rich Embossing Powder onto burgundy card stock  Then I fussy cut the hearts and adhered them to the card base.


In order to make the leaves pop, I used Faber Castell Polychromos to lift the gorgeous design. And yes... there are a few little green blings. Couldn't help myself!
Challenges:
Making Memories Crafting #1: AG
The Crafty Addicts #32: AG
Deep Ocean #146: Anything New - new stamps

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope Friday the 13th brings you only the best of luck today and all year long. Big hugs to all.

Beijinhos!


p.s. The more I look at this card, the more I think of cabbage! Am I the only one?! :)

16 comments:

  1. Cabbage...no, it is so rich with gold and stunning colours, so regal, gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an explosion of beautiful colour sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cabbage??? Oh my! I don't see any cabbage here... Ah ah... and I think you can fly solo and so well without Mr Mojo!!! :D
    Such a fantastic card, you have had a brilliant idea to make a "flower" with four of these gorgous leafy hearts!! The gold embossing is another winning, as well the pencil colouring on the leaves!! Amazing creation! Love the sweet background, too! Your card is a true delight my friend!!
    Bacioni!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is Stunning Asha. Your Mojo is right there with you..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so stunning, elegant and amazing! Cabbage, no way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Asha, this is glorious!! Frame it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! I love the richness of it like some turn of the century fabric by William Moores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never cabbage, this is gorgeous Asha, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors and card are so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  10. What do you mean your mojo is not back? I love this and it is so regal and rich with gorgeous colors. I like the little bits of bling you added too. And no way does it look like cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure don't see where you've lost any MOJO at all Asha!! This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the gold embossed design with all of that fantastic coloring!! Hope you're having a lovely weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your mojo is definitely back Asha, exquisite design with impeccable embossing and colouring with the polychromos. Yes I seen the lovely Lesley on Hochanda the other day, she is marvellously talented isn't she? Just like you are too my super cool crafty friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous, love the beautiful colours. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Making Memories Crafting. Hope to see you again soon.

    Crafty Hugs Sonia DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an impressive piece! Those hearts put together make a gorgeous flower and the gold and colors make it look elegant and somehow aged.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is very beautiful !
    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts!
    Hope to see you again.

    hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
    ≽ܫ≼

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card, those colours make it feel very rich and luxurious, wish I could create something as lovely as this with no mojo!! Thank you so much for joining our first challenge at Making Memories Crafting, good luck in the prize draw and I do hope you'll join us again for our second challenge,
    Love Jacky x
    MMC DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...