Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Chocolate Baroque: Garden of Love

Talk about corny titles! I just could not help it!

Hello, everyone. Hope the New Year is treating you well. I'm  kicking of the year with a busy blog - 3 posts in 5 hours!

For my first DT post of 2017 for Chocolate Baroque I'm going floral with this card using the gorgeous Big Bold Background Belle Flowers stamp. The inspiration for my card came from the various colouring books so widely available today.

I stamped the image with VersaFine Onyx Black and coloured it with Caran d'Ache Supracolor Soft Aquarelle pencils. I finished the card with a few sequins. I think this card will do nicely for Valentines Day. It will also make a lovely cover page for a notebook.

The sentiment is from Words of Love, heat embossed in red with WOW Red EP onto a strip of vellum.


Thanks for stopping by today. I have another post coming up in an hour... something more seasonal. Wrap up warm and I'll see you in a bit!

Beijinhos!

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Asha, this is wonderful, superb colouring and such a good idea to use the vellum so we see all the gorgeous flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and yours Asha, absolutely gorgeous card, love the image and your design, fabulous colours too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 80's song with sea of love in the title just popped into my head or maybe they said garden:) this is so pretty. I love the flowers and the colouring. You must have had fun colouring this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colouring, Asha!! These flowers are so sweet,delicate and feminine! Love very much the simple design with the stripe of vellum for the sentiment! It's a quick detail that I never think, I must try this! :D
    Baci e abbracci!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You are getting a fabulous start to the New Year with this absolutely stunning floral design my friend!! Really admire your coloring skills here!! So beautiful! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous image and colouring Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you all the best for the new year!
    I love this colorful piece, romantic with your choice of sentiment, but the stamp is versatile and good for many an occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous stamp and awesome colouring on your part sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! That colouring is divine, done so well and with great eye to detail. A-mazing design and I love it xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...