Tuesday, 24 January 2017

ATSM #226: Anything Goes


Hello again and welcome to another challenge over at Addicted To Stamps and More. This week the theme is an easy one - Anything Goes. Absolutely no excuse not to play along!

My card for this challenge is inspired by my wee doggie: Peanut. She is a Dachshund-Podengo mix. Here in Portugal, backyard breeders carry out such "experiments" under the misguided notion that 2 hounds with excellent hunting skills will produce a super-hunter of small tunnelling animals, namely rabbits and hares.

Unfortunately, Peanut did not make the grade. She turned out to be a hopeless hunter: afraid of rabbits, guns, people, falling leaves, large birds, small insects and everything in between. She was dismissed from employment before her first birthday and was found on a nearby beach, pregnant and malnourished, when a good Samaritan handed her over to a local shelter.

That's where we found her! As soon as the adoption papers were signed we raced home with our new pup, convinced that she will be OK. Now let me tell you that rehabilitating an abandoned pet is a challenging journey, a labour of love, a test of patience and a counsellor of compassion. It can take 2 days or 2 years or 12 ... you never know. But it is a rewarding and enriching experience. That same terrified pup now rides at the back of a motorbike in a pink helmet!

And yet, unbeknownst to her, little Peanut has seen me through the deaths of 2 of our dogs. She has given me strength in my moments of weakness. She has made me laugh. And she continues to work her magic everyday. Without a doubt she has been, and still is, good for my heart.

My card features stamps by MFT: You Have My Heart. It's perfect for animal lovers.

I coloured the image with Copics. The clouds are diecuts using Spring Showers Lawn Cuts by Lawn Fawn.

Challenges:
Artistic Impression #171: AG
Create & Make #7: AG
Handstamped Sentiments #256: Sketch



So now it's your turn to link up your project for the Anything Goes challenge. Let your imagination run wild and be creative.

Thanks for stopping by and have fun with this challenge. 

Beijinhos!


Peanut, chillin' at home with Richard Parker and Charlie. Look who's top dog now!


12 comments:

  1. Oh Asha your story tugs at the heart strings, but has a glorious ending. Animal cruelty sickens me,and I know what I'd like to do to these people. The penalties in the UK for animal cruelty is a nonsense perhaps it's the same in Portugal.
    Your card is adorable, such a sweet image and gorgeous colours, give Peanut a hug, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE!! Asha, this is so precious and your kind heart is what I love about your post! You are also good for Peanut's heart too ya know! :) I absolutely love love love everything about this right down to the paw print hearts!! Such a beautiful and meaningful design my friend!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! And sweet story. I'm no dog person myself, I've always been rather afraid of dogs, but I understand the love and affection between a human and an animal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Asha, I'm so happy that Peanut has found YOU!!!! Now she is so lucky!!! There are a lot of cruel persons in the world, thay have a rock instead of the heart!!! I hate them!!!
    I think that rehabilitating an abandoned pet needs a lot of patience and toughts, but it's wonderful! You know that I have had a similar experience with my dear missed Bionda. These abandoned pets gift us all their love and we are so lucky for this fact... They make our days full of love.
    Just now at school I have a project with a dog shelter, the volunteers yesterday came to my class with two disabled dogs: they had been invested and one has remained without an eye, the other without a leg. But one of the volunteers has adopted them and now these sweet doggies feel good and go to schools for teaching to the childrens :D The childrens of my class have enjoyed them very much, have cuddled them and have learned that abandoning dogs it's horrible and nobody have to do it! The volounteers have shown the shelter and all the dogs in it, have teached to the kids a lot of things and I am very satisfacted for this project! :D
    Now we all, as school, will make a remote adoption of a dog in that shelter, with a little donation. Our money will be a little help to the volunteers for eating and taking care of the dog, even if for the dog unfortunately it isn't as to have really founded a home... But the message for the kids and their families is clear.
    Sorry for my long comment...
    Your card is a true delight and obviously is one of my favourite from you :) Your kind and so sweet heart is inside this card, I can see it! :D
    Pinned! https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524486643215/
    Bacioni!!! Anche a Peanut, Charlie e Richard Parker! Fabulous toghether! Sono bellissimi insieme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations Challenge Blog.
    Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw Asha, This post is so heartfelt as animals do have that effect on us humans. Peanut is lucky to be homed with two caring and loving people like you and your hubby and your so lucky to have such adorable and loving dog like Peanut. I detest cruelty to animals and breaks my heart so much, why the cruelty can't just go away, I don't know. But at least there here good people like us who care.

    Love your card so much, that sentiment is just so perfect and your colouring is amazing always. Love it's MFT too.
    Hope you are well? It's been a while since I've catched up with you. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic post Asha. Peanut is so very lucky to have such a loving family and fur siblings!! Your card is totally brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asha,
    You're an inspiration! You're patience and kindness in rehabilitating Peanut has rewarded you with a wonderful companion. I too have a Chihuahua dog that has been my companion through some tough times in my life. These little furry angels bring so much love and comfort. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super sweet story, a testimony of Love and devotion to our fur buddies. And what great inspiration for your super adorable card. I too have a great companion, he's been such a pal on my long days. Hope you can pop over and see his picture. I so enjoyed looking at the pictures you have here on your blog. A lovely tribute. pjs-projects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super CUTE card asha. I am sure Peanut is a beautiful natured dog even though she is not a hunter. beautiful photo of your 3 fur-babies..loz

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable card! Love the puppy heart background! Thanks for joining us at HSS!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...