Sunday, 18 December 2016

Chocolate Baroque: Winter Cottage

Good morning, friends! Today is the 4th Sunday of Advent and that means we are week away from Christmas. It's time of great excitement ... and extreme fear! Seriously, how many of you are truly prepared?

Don't get me wrong. I love Christmas. I wait for it all year. And when it's finally here... I want to run and hide! Every year I make a list of what to do to make next Christmas less nerve-wrecking. By the end of January they are promptly filed away in a shoebox and there they reside, forgotten and unfulfilled ... until panic strikes again in December. I even managed to lose the shoe box a couple of times!

Enough Gringe-ing, let's look at my latest effort at water colouring. For my last Chocolate Baroque DT post for 2016, I've gone back to the my very first stamp sheet. It's called The Gift Of Christmas and I bought it in October 2012. I stamped the image with VersaFine Smokey Grey and coloured it with Winsor & Newton water colours. The less intense colour of smokey grey ink gives the scene a misty feel, which was what I was going for.


And of course, I could not resist adding glitter and shine of every description! Out came the Stardust Stickles, Icicle Stickles, Perfect Pearls pigment, Nuvo Snow Blizzard and tiny red bling for the tree... and Frosty Flock.

Challenges:
Glitter & Sparkle #219: Christmas with Glitter
One Stitch At A Time #277: AG + Sparkle

That's all from me today. Thank you for stopping by and I wish you all a blessed 4th Advent of Sunday. Enjoy this most wonderful time of the year.

Beijinhos

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Have a Blessed Christmas
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful scene and fantastic work my dear friend. Merry Christmas and thank you for being there for me this year.
    Hugs
    Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful scene, your choice of grey ink has been perfect, the image has really a misty feel! Love the faux snow, so realistic, and all your sparkling details! Your colouring looks fabulous!!
    Hugs dear friend, Merry Christmas to you, to your hubby and also to your furrybabies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th of Advent! I took a week off so I could put all my decorations up. I have the tree finally done..now just cleaning up, get the rest of my cards out, finish shopping, do all my Christmas wrapping...so I fell asleep because that made me tired. Now...to your card! I love it!! It is so festive and you know I love glitter. This looks like a place I would love to visit during Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! That is what I call a perfect winter scene, really stunningly coloured in and looks so real. I love this design so much Asha and wish you all the best for the holidays. You are such an amazing friend to me, Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Stunning Asha. Your colouring is perfect..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow stunning card, beautiful colours and design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful Christmas scene and your coloring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a truly beautiful work of art Asha!! Your coloring is completely amazing here!! WOW!!! Sending festive hugs your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning, fabulous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this little scene. So cozy and homey. Fascinated by the real looking snow on the trees, look truly amazing. Sorry I haven't been around lately, I've had no time, work and travel, family visits which have been nice but oh so little time for everything.... Wishing you happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hallo Asha, just love your beautiful Christmas card. We want to wish you and your hubby and fur babies a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Big Hugs Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Asha love how you have done this card particularly the beautiful trees on the left with the bits of sparkle so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...