Sunday, 4 December 2016

Chocolate Baroque: A King Is Born

Hello, friends!!! Welcome to my third ART JOURNAL collaboration with a very dear and special blog friend - VICKI PARSON of Stamp Smiles. We are both passionate about art journalling and decided to inspire and encourage each other a monthly show and tell.

Today, on the Second Sunday of Advent, I want to share with you a festive Art Journal page. My project showcases stamps by Chocolate Baroque: the Angel is from A Child Is Born and the Gothic window in the background is from Texture Fragments. 

I stamped the Angel with Memento Tuxedo Black, coloured her with Copics and fussy cut her before adhering her to the page with Ranger Multi Medium Matte. I applied Perfect Pearls - Pearl  to her dress and Nuvo Glitter Drops White Blizzard on her sash and the borders of her skirt. And if that wasn't enough shine, there's Star Dust Stickles on her wings and Wink of Stella Gold for that subtle shimmer on her hair.

To create the magical night sky, I first primed the page with Faber Castell Gesso. When completely dry, I applied Folk Art Acrylic Paint with a baby wipe, building layers and texture until I'm happy with the result. I started with the lightest colour in the middle of the page, getting darker as I worked my way out. The colours I used are: 481 Aqua, 401 True Blue, 484 Brilliant Ultramarine and 964 Midnight. When completely dry, I stamped the Gothic window from Texture Fragments with Ranger Dye Ink Cool Graphite.

For texture and dimension, I applied Ranger Texture Paste over Tim Holtz Flourish stencil at the edges of the page. When completely dry and firm, I dabbed on some Crystal Stickles for extra shimmer. I finished the background with some white splatters of watered down gesso and let it dry before assembling the page.

The quote is a reference to Luke 2:11. I used two alpha sets for this: Echo Park Allison and Claire Brennan (Waltzing Mouse) Victorian Alphabet, stamped with Ranger Archival Jet Black. I adhered the angel down with Ranger Multi Medium Matte. When dry, I added some soft shading with Faber Castell Pitt Brush Marker Cobalt Blue  and this helps the Angel stand out.
Challenges:
CHNC #310: Vintage or AG Christmas
Craft fo Craic December: Anything But Christmas Card
Creative Artiste #21: Anything Mixed Media
Winter Wonderland Dec 2: Night Scene
Stamps and Stencils: Christmas Wishes
Come And Get It: Christmas
We Love To Create #25: AG Mixed Media

Now please head on over to VICKI PARSON of Stamp Smiles and check out what she has made. I have no doubt she would have created a fabulous page.

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a beautiful day!

x Beijinhos x

20 comments:

  1. Awwww... I was waiting for another your journal page and this is a true joy for the eyes!!! Such a dreamy feel with these amazing colours, the fabulous stamps and your mixed media adds!! Love, love really very much this Christmas make! (and pinned it, obviously! :D https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524485851781/)
    Fantastic colouring on the angel and the background, so vibrant!! And the gothic windows under the blue look amazing, as well the white TH stencils!!! Gorgous details all over, too, as always you have stunned me with your talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is absolutely STUNNING Asha!! :) I love your background with the shades of blue fading to the middle for the special "glow" look for the angel which is colored beautifully BTW!!! (I think we sort of had the same idea in mind with our backgrounds too! LOL!!) I love your splatter effect and the texture paste flourish really make this so elegant looking too!! You knocked another one outta the park girlfriend!! You amaze me every time!! Have a great day!! BIGGEST HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning piece of work Asha, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see those vibrant colours and subtle touches in the background, and a super art work. Thanks for joining Come And Get It challenges, CarolG.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is absolutely beautiful. I love the blue. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW>> Stunning journal page Asha. I Love the scene and bright colours..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Asha, and a gorgeous treasure for you to keep. You two girls are so inspirational xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I love this so much. It is so. Pretty and the angel is dreamlike. Love all the glitter because it sets off her wings and her sash. The blue background is also stunning. I don't know if you saw but I lost a fur baby...Mia so maybe she is with this beautiful angel

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page is delightful!!!
    Thank you for the how-to and the details Asha! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Asha, I saw this on IG and just had to come and inspect! This looks like an expensive Hallmark design! I absolutely love your gorgeous combination. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your journal page is so gorgeous! What a wonderfully constructed page with great images, colors and message.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing, like I told Vicki, I am at a loss of words. One day with both of you I am going to say, I knew you when...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so gorgeous Asha. Really beautiful sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, Asha - love that vibrant blue. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 310 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning creation Asha. Your colouring is amazing. Thank you for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunning creation! Love the message! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils this month! Branka DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning Art Journal page. Love the design and colours. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again in 2017. Happy New Years. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful journal page! Love the message and colour. Thanks for taking part in our December challenge over at Craft for the Craic. Happy New Year.
    Eithne :)
    Craft for the Craic (Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning journal page! Thankyou for joining us this month at Craft for the Craic

    ReplyDelete
  20. absolutely beautiful asha - I adore what you have done with that fabulous stamp. Thanks for joining us at stamps and stencils! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...