Wednesday, 28 December 2016

Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge #30

Welcome to the last Chocolate Baroque inspired fun for 2016: Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge #30. We have a pretty colour swatch for you to use in your projects.  If you haven't played yet, now's the time to do so.

You can use any medium to create your projects: paints, inks, pencils, pens, stains, etc., as long as you stick to the colours from the colour swatch, using as much or as little of each colour as you wish.  You don't have to use Chocolate Baroque stamps to play along but if you do you will be entered into a random draw to win £15 to spend on Chocolate Baroque stamps. All participants will have a chance to be on the Design Team's Top Three list and proudly display the winner's badge on their blog.

Now that Christmas is over, I've had enough of Winter and the long dark cold nights. Time to look forward to Spring and all the beauty it promises. My card features the nesting bird from the Spring Bird Tulip DL sheet. I stamped it on Canson Watercolour paper with VersaMark Smokey Grey. To add some colour and texture to the background, I dropped little droplets of watered down Distress Inks in Spun Sugar, Antique Linen and Bundled Sage. As they dried naturally I added more droplets, and continued to layer it until I got the desired look.

I coloured the image with Caran d'Ache Supracolor Soft Aquarelle. I also mixed in some Perfect Pearls to add a little soft shimmer to the eggs. And you know me... it ain't over until I add a few bling!
Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: AG
TTCRD Dec 27: AG
Inspiration Destination #118: AG

Challenge #30 will close at 12.00 p.m. (UK) on Tuesday 17th January 2017, and the winner will be announced on Wednesday 25th January 2017. I hope you'll play along and run the risk of winning £15 to spend on Chocolate Baroque stamps.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you had fun this Christmas. I took a short blog break to spend time with hubby who is back for the holiday. His two weeks is almost over and he'll be flying back to Holland on the 1st. I'm making the most of our time together.

Beijinhos!

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and colours Asha..loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous image and stunning coloring details my friend!! Love the soft colors and elegance of this one! :) Wishing you a fun, fabulous and creative New Year!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Stunning image and your colouring is just perfect. Love the colour combination. Hugs Mrs A. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty Asha. Happy New Year to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my friend! Your background is a delight, so sweet and delicate! It seems a bed of spring petals, just perfect to match the layers and the bird with the eggs! Fab colouring as always and the shine on the eggs makes them so lovely! Perfect little touches with the gems, the whole card is so harmonious!
    Baci e abbracci, and ejoy your beloved hubby!!! :)
    I wish you a very happy new year full of all you desire!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Asha. I didn't realise your hubby worked away. Make the most of the time and glad you enjoyed Christmas xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Asha, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Asha, love the softness of the colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely spring feeling this card evokes. Your background looks wonderful and the image is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are dap hand with those watercolours Asha, really impressive and done so perfectly. Love the delicate design with the stitched panel, balanced perfectly and those gems are placed just perfectly. Can I say a BIG thank you to you for all the kindness you have given me over this year and previous years, you are such a wonderful friend. All the very best to you and your hubby for 2017 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree done with dark day, gloomy weather and the holidays.. I am ready for spring also.. I will have to check out this challenge blog.. never heard of it.. I love challenges. I love your card and the soft colors and fresh feel. So glad you shared over at Inspiration Destination.
    Billie A
    Inspiration Destination
    Catch the bug
    Creative with Stamps
    Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely spring card. promise of warmer days. thank you for shaaring it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...