Wednesday, 23 November 2016

Word Art Wednesday Guest

Good morning, friends. I am incredibly excited to be a Guest Designer for Word Art Wednesday and today I am back with my second post.

As you know, Word Art Wednesday focuses on Faith and the Scripture and the talented ladies of Design Team do an amazing job with the word art.  The Scriptural narrative of the chosen Verse is truly inspiring and I encourage you to read it before posting your projects.

This fortnight's challenge focuses on 2 Corinthians 9:15, which is perfect for this Thanksgiving season. For my card, I am using two stamps sets by Altenew - Vintage Roses and Vintage Flowers. to create a feminine, floral card that will work all year 'round, not just for Thanksgiving. I also made my own floral background by stamping directly onto the card base before adhering the design panel. I masked the sentiment with a circle diecut and lightly inked the background with Salty Ocean DI before adhering the roses and stamping the leaves.

Here's a closer look. I carefully cut around the tails of the ribbon banner and flipped them over the roses on either end. This adds dimension and movement to the word art without extra bulk. And yes, a few tiny pale green bling did find their way on the card.
Challenges:
Creative Moments #107: AG
Inspiration Destination #113: AG
Dragonfly Journey #79: A Thankful Heart

That's all from me today. Thank YOU for stopping by today. Please head on over to Word Art Wednesday Challenge #258 - 259 and marvel at the Design Team's creations and to play along, of course!

Have a beautiful day, friends. We have much to be grateful for.

Beijinhos!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and lovely colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. THUD...this is so beautiful Asha!! I just LOVE the colors you've used for your flowers and your overall design is amazing!! Congrats on your GDT spot my friend, you are totally deserving!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic colouring sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asha, this is gorgeous! Love the beautifully shaded roses against the soft blue background. Your are right, this is a card for all occasions, and also is one to be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card Asha! I love the flowers and the colouring which is amazing work. Very cheerful and sweet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always so impressed by these flower cards of yours. This is another beauty! You do these cards so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your choice of flower images and your coloring are truly amazing. And the word art used is a perfect addition to your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is amazing Asha xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stamps you used are fantastic and looks gorgeous on your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moment Challenge.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful card. I love the colors and the design. Thanks for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination this week. Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...