Sunday, 6 November 2016

MHKDesigns: Chicken In

Good morning, friends! Dropping in quickly to share with you a card I made for MHKDesigns, featuring an image from the October release called Chicken In.

I decided to use the beautiful chickens for my card. This is an adorable image and a treat to colour. I thought going CAS would be the best route. A very brave step for me!  I applied a hint of Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass for the sky and Brushed Corduroy for the ground.  I dropped a few blobs of  Silver Liquid Pearls around the sentiment...don't know why I did that. Oh yes I do! Because I don't understand CAS - that's why! And to add insult to injury ... some LF Cloudy twine to finish the card.

Here's a closer look at the chooks. So I coloured these guys with Faber Castell Polychromos. For the grassy ground I used Copics and added depth with the Polychromos. I like how this turned out.
Challenges:
Avenue 613 Challenge #191: AG
Lil' Patch Of Crafty Friends #45: AG
Crafty Friends #44: For Someone Special

Thank you for stopping by today. We have blue skies and sunshine today. So never mind the single digit temperature ... at least its dry! Off to Church in a tick and will catch up later. Cheerio!

Beijinhos!





16 comments:

  1. This is Stunning Asha. beautiful image and colouring..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Asha, your colouring is awesome, love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ah ah!! :D The sentiment makes me laught! Very cool! :)
    In italy we call "rooster" that boys/men who are in search of women :D and call "little chickens" the girls who are available for them :D
    And your card is a sweetie! I have never tought that the chickens could be so sweet, fab colouring!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute and love the light colours you used. These roosters look ready for action!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fantastic colouring and design sweetie. Your colouring strokes are awesome.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is excellent Asha!! Beautiful pencil work xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely lovely, my friend! I adore the way you colored this image--the sponged edges, twine, and liquid pearls are the perfect finishing touches, too! Brilliant creation! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh! That is so sweet. I love this card and your coloring of the rooster and hen are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nokia Asha 200 PC Suite is one of the best repairing tool ever for android devices...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asha I love love this beautiful card! I love chickens ;) You did a wonderful job coloring the images!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's CAS and there's CAS in comparison to what one normally does, which sort of counts too, at least in my opinion:) Any which way, you've succeeeded in making a stunning design, fab coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pastels! This design is so soft and delicate! Great job! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello…. You have made a beautiful card and great sentiment…. Thanks for entering it into our ‘Someone Special’ challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will join us again.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]


    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous image and great colouring and just love the sentiment----Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. ha ha what a fun card :) Love it :) Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous CAS style card, beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining in over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, could you please ensure your a follower otherwise it's a shame to see you miss on on being selected, thanks hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...