Sunday, 13 November 2016

Chocolate Baroque: Lest We Forget

Good morning, friends. Today is Remembrance Sunday - a day to commemorate the contribution of British and Commonwealth military and civilian servicemen and women in the two World Wars and later conflicts. It is a day to remember that the freedom we enjoy today came at a price. Political affiliations aside, it is a day to lay a wreath and honour all heroes who lost their lives in battle.

I created a wreath of poppies using the single poppy stamp from the brand new Floral Notes A5 sheet. I created a mask and stamped the leaves from Autumn Poppy A4 sheet so that the leaves appear to the back of the poppies. I coloured the images with Copics and finished the card with a light dusting of Tumbled Glass DI around the edges.

The sentiment is from the Pretty Poppies A5 set, heat embossed in white. I fussy cut the lower half of the top and bottom cluster of leaves, taking care not to detach them, and flipped it over the diecut piece. The "cross" is now more obvious.
Challenges:
Pile It On #121: Thankful / Thank You
Creative Corner Nov 11: Thank You
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Thanks / Thanksgiving
Dragonfly Journey #79: Thankful Heart
Amusing Challenge: AG (Thank YOU, Chris. Congrats on your new adventure with CTMH)

Thank you for stopping by today. I am trying my best to catch up with the visiting and commenting. So if you see me on your blog, don't be too shocked! Have an amazing Sunday, friends.

Beijinhos!

14 comments:

  1. Superb masking and colouring. Hope you are good my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asha, when I looked at the pic in my blogger newsletter, I tought immediately "Wow!! Such a delightful card!".... and then I read "Asha at SunnySummerCraft" :D It made me smile. I'm not only kind with my entusiastic comments, because your stunning creations are always so wonderful that my eyes are immediately catched by them, even in a little pic!! :D
    These poppies are so vibrant and your idea of a wreath is really brilliant and so well realized! Great work of art, my friend! Your masking and the rotate leaves on the scallop make the wreath just perfect!!
    Have a sweet and paceful Sunday!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card for a great and humbling day. I love the colouring and the layering. One should never forget The sacrifices the men and women made. I think of my dad on this day

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Asha. Your stamping and colouring is fantastic sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful Asha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so Beautiful Asha. i Love how you have created a wreath of poppies..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card Asha, very appropriate for the occasion.
    Best wishes
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful remembrance card. Your poppies are colored perfectly and I love how you built them all around the focal sentiment like a wreath. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fitting tribute for remembrance day Asha, Impeccable colouring and such an elegant design. Well done sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card, and your colouring is stunning.

    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sweet Asha, look at this beautiful poppy design! A big happy WOW! Love this inspiration and the worthy cause. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Asha! This is just gorgeous and your coloring is truly beautiful. Thanks so much for joining my Thankful Heart Challenge :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful coloring on this card - really catches your eye - love it. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful flowers card. Thanks for playing with us at Pile it On. Hugs, Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...