Monday, 24 October 2016

Purple Posy

Hello! Dropping in very quickly today to show you a card I made yesterday for a friend's birthday tomorrow. Inspiration did not come easily for this card. And because I am a sucker for punishment, I decided to take an obvious Halloween colour combo for my project.

Lawnscaping Challenge #140 is suggesting Black, Purple and one other colour. I added Green to the mix and made this card:

I've used LF Penelope's Blossoms and coordinating dies for the floral arrangement. I cut out the greeting with LF Happy Birthday Border die and purple glitter foam. The little strip of patterned paper above the black glitter panel is from Polka In The Dark. Inks I've used LF Freshly Cut Grass, LF Noble Fir, LF Sugarplum, LF Fresh Lavender, VersaFine Imperial Purple and VersaColor Heliotrope. And to finish a few itty bitty green bling.


Challenge:
Lawnscaping #140: Black, Purple + One Other (Green)
Seize The Birthday: Birthday + Leaves
Craft Rocket #26: Happy Birthday

Must dash. Thank you so much for stopping by today. I'll be back tomorrow with a festive card. Until then... have a beautiful Monday.

Beijinhos!

16 comments:

  1. I just love the design Asha plus love all that purple x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Asha, I like the design and colours
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the colors you chose are awesome! Love the sparkly sentiment too! I am sure your friend loved it. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty, my dear friend! The colours combo is awesome, I have never thought that purple + black could be so sweet as it is! The glittered black looks amazing with the sentiment and great choice add a bit of green! Well done, it's a very sweet card, your friend will love it!
    Baci!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell this is my card Asha
    nearly all in purple
    and the flowers like in a garden so so adorable in purple colors
    always great coloring and love that long sentiment Asha
    how are you?
    I am busy searching and applying for new Job
    hope you are well healthy and happy there Asha
    big hugs from an old blogland friend :) (Big Smile)
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a gorgeous card Asha, lovely design and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful card and I love the colors of your little garden. The fact

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great birthday card with typical Halloween colours but doesn't feel that way. Love the black and the style...very happy card

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful card, and I am sure your friend loved it! I particularly love all of the sparkle you have added, especially on that sweet sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week over at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous Asha, I am sure it was loved by your friend.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your purple posies are just adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Rocket Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card and colours Asha...Loz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous and such lovely colours Asha x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet and pretty card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, like the glittery sentiment, your friend will be quite happy to receive this card!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...