Monday, 10 October 2016

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Hello, friends!

First things first - Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! This is going to be a fly-by post. I am soooo behind on sooo many things that getting out of bed seemed futile. Then the thought of being even more behind scared the heck out me that I hauled my skinny behind off the bed and got on with things! Here are a couple of projects I made over the weekend.

First up is a card for the Lawnscaping Challenge. The inspiration came from the challenge mood board. I inked the background with Distress Inks: Scattered Straw and Carved Pumpkin. I cut the the smallest leaf from Small Stitched Leaves Lawn Cuts out of a paper from Perfectly Plaid Petite - Fall, inked the edges with Carved Pumpkin DI and laid them over the Grassy Border. The sparkly stars are from Fairy Friends, stamped with Memento Potters Clay. And to finish the card I tied some Candy Corn Lawn Trimming into a bow.

The little bunny and the falling leaves are from Critters in Costume. The pie is from Cutie Pie. I stamped these with MementoTuxedo Black, coloured them with Copics and cut them out with coordinating dies by LF.
Challenge:
Lawnscaping #139: Pinterest Inspired Board


Next up is a tag for the Tag You're It Challenge #57, inspired by this tag by Richard Breaks.

Here's my take on Richard's tag.... featuring Lawn Fawn stamps. What else?! I'm using Love You A Latte for this one. I inked up the background with Distress Inks: Ground Espresso, Vintage Photo and Brushed Corduroy. For the greeting I used Ranger Archival Coffee and finished the card with Hot Cocoa and Sweetheart Lawn Trimmings.

I coloured the the images with Copics - a boy and a girl... on a bed coffee beans. It's definitely LOVE!

That's all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping by and for all your lovely comments. I will try and catch up as soon as the madness at work eases off... hopefully some time this year! Have a beautiful day, friends!

Beijinhos

19 comments:

  1. Oh my word Asha! These are sooooo stinkin' CUTE!!! I love em both!! :) I love the pretty Fall colors and you know how I feel about these stamps which makes it even better!! I am just loving the pile of leaves on the top card and I think that bunny can actually smell that pie!! LOL!! The tag is oh so yummy looking! Really love your gradient coffee bean background too!! Brilliantly done my friend and here's to wishing you a very productive day today and a Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you!! HUGS and BLESSINGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another very warm and full of light card, my friend!! LOVE it!! So sweet, cute and fun! Love the LawFawn stamps and the scene you have created with them! Very cute tag, too! Love the coffee seeds on the back and this couple! :D
    Very well done!
    I'm in hurry... This time is so crazy and busy for me... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and tag Asha, the colours are wonderful and design too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous warming colours Asha, adore those stitched leaves x

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you feel your butt is too skinny, I have plenty of fat on my behind to donate to you:) I love your sweet cards. The bunny is too cute and love the leaves. The tag is cute and perfect for. People who love coffee or met over a cup of joe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are BRILLIANT Asha and sooooo cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card design and an awesome tag too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these makes Asha. I'm a big fan of lawn fawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both so gorgeously cute.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got such a great eye for picking colors and I always seem to be stuck admiring your fabulous inked backgrounds. Super sweet images too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and Tag Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  12. The coffee bed background is fabulous! Many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you, sweet friend! Your card is darling and that tag: totally smitten! What a sweet little coffee cup couple! Love their faces and their 'bed o'beans! Skinny behind? Asha, you best be taking care of yourself! We don't want you so busy that you fade away! No worries about catching up on commenting; "life" comes first!
    Hugs and love~c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops...I'm so taken with your tag, I forgot to say: Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Tag, You're It gallery! You are such an awesome supporter of this challenge!
      More hugs~c

      Delete
  14. Oohhh these are both awesome love, love them. Thanks for joining us over at Tag You're It

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Gosh Asha.. it doesn't get cuter than this! You just get better and better every time I visit.. how is that possible?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute projects! I love both of them so much! Thanks so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun fall scene you created! And your tag is adorable too. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Thanksgiving card is just so precious, beautiful coloring an so cute! Like the coffee tag too!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...