Friday, 21 October 2016

Chocolate Baroque: 'Tis Near Halloween

Good morning, friends. Today I want to share with you an easy Halloween card featuring stamps from the Witching Time A5 set by Chocolate Baroque.

I stamped the image with Jet Black Archival Ink and used Distress Inks to create the background. On the top half I used Dusty Concord and Hickory Smoke. For the bottom half: Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy. And to bring it all together, a light dusting of Black Soot all around the edges. Then I stamped the sentiment with Jet Black Archival Ink.

I coloured the image with Copics, cut it out and mounted it on to the inked background using foam tape. To finish the card, I added a few black bling. This card was inspired by my black cat. His name is Richard Parker.
Challenges:

Thank you so much for stopping by. I so appreciate your visits and comments, despite my continued absence. I am struggling at the moment with work and keeping up with all the DT stuff. Sometimes it seems like the harder I try to keep up, the further behind I fall. Just one more weekend and I'll be back on track - my mantra for the past 2 months. No change! LOL. Got to laugh before total despair sets in... which is why I am so grateful for your support.

x Beijinhos x
Richard watching the birds from his boudoir

11 comments:

  1. Such an awesome gorgeous creation Asha.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry for your absence in our blogs, we LOVE seeing your Dt works, my friend! They are always a joy for the eyes and a great inspiration!!! This one is just breathtaking!!! Wonderful!!!! Love your inked background, the fab stamp, the scene you have made and the spooky sentiment! :D Also the black blinkies are perfect! A beautiful piece of art!
    Give some cuddles to Richard Parker from me... He really seems my beloved Bagheera, who wait on the Rainbow Bridge...
    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asha, don't worry about the blogs, we look forward to seeing you when you can make it, it's about fun not for stressing.
    Fabulous card, love the colours and images, brilliantly designed.
    Now Richard Parker looks so good sitting in his basket, he is really beautiful, take care of yourself, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Beautiful background! And a perfect take on our inspiration photo. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us over at Brown Sugar. We hope to see you next time.
    Hugs...
    roshini
    DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card - love all the detail that you put on this card, and Richard is a beautiful boy. Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built this week. Shirley DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card.
    Hugs
    Kuni
    PS: my new challenge blog start on 10th november and i hope to see you.
    http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous work Asha, love that pussy cat and what a great sentiment too. I know exactly how you feel. I am not sure whether I'm coming or going at the moment. Pups, horses, work...there aren't enough hours in the day and sadly crafting is paying the price!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow now this is such a cool design my friend! Love the coloring and that black cat image is perfect for your challenges!! :) I thank you so much for joining with us at CCT!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! Your Richard is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous. Love the wee Kitty. Thanks for joining us over at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...