Monday, 5 September 2016

Birthday Hugs

Happy Monday, friends! This is a quick post from me as I've been juggling chainsaws all day! And I have a paper cut to prove it!

I made this card over the weekend for a special friend who is celebrating her birthday this month. We have a common love for a few crafty companies and I am sure she will appreciate this card ... I think... I hope ... fingers crossed!

My affair with CAS continues, although it takes me hours to complete a project and leaves me shattered with a headache! I was inspired by Altenew's September Challenge and picked the colours and washi tape elements from the photo to create this floral number featuring Vintage Roses stamps. The inks are a combination of Ranger Archival, Ranger Dye, Lawn Fawn and Memento. The washi tape is by WRMK.

Here is a closer look at the roses. I stamped the leaves directly on the cardstock and added the roses, adhering a few on foam tape. For added sparkle: sequins and Wink Of Stella Clear Brush.  The sentiment is from MFT Label Maker Sentiment.
Challenges:
Altenew September Challenge: Photo Inspiration
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Stamp It
Love To Scrap #85: Flower Power

It's been a long day! Mondays seem to drag on mercilessly, don't you think? LOL. Thank you for stopping by and have a fun day.

Beijinhos!

15 comments:

  1. I love it, Asha! Everything from the layered stamped roses to the little piece of Washi, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous floral card with these gorgous stamps! Surely your friend will love it!! It's so lovey!!
    Clever idea stamp the leaves on cardstock and then add the fussi cut roses, they pop out very well! Perfect balancing with the washi en sequins!
    Baci!!! La settimana finirà! :D (the week will end!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Asha I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning. The flowers are colored perfectly and your layout is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha, I'm sure your friend will love it! It is a stunning card love the layers on the roses, I have a mini set from a magazine that is yet to get inked... have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Asha, the colours are so very rich-have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning creation Asha, I adore the gorgeous colour palette.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card! The roses are so beautiful. I love the colours and the washi tape just adds the little bit extra

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEEK!! This card is just FULL of happy colorful goodness my friend!! Absolutely gorgeous flowers and I love love love your design too!! Chainsaws, paper cuts and headaches? Wow, I don't know what to say about all of that! LOL!! I think you are over-thinking the CAS my dear...relax...enjoy. The more you do, the more comfortable you'll get! Sending good and healthy cyber hugs your way!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colours and layout. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodmorning Asha : )

    I'm playing catch up today!! I hope you have been well and are happy in your heart!

    I love the way you stamped the leaves directly on to your card stock just popping up some flowers! Great idea!! and I think the addition of the blue houndstooth is so sweet making this just a delightful creation!! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flowers, great coloring and stamping. Thank you for stamping with us ast SSS Monday Challenge! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous project with an awesome design! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog's "Flower Power" challenge! Be sure to check out our sister blog, Love To Craft Challenge Blog (link below)! :)
    Hugs,
    Leslie, LTSCB DT
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap Challenge Blog DT
    Love To Craft Challenge Blog DT
    House of Cards DT
    Crafty Friends DT
    My Crafting Stories DT
    Creatalicious Challenges DT
    Let's Craft and Create DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely and refreshing colours...

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...