Tuesday, 30 August 2016

Tuesday Throwdown #309: Clean and Simple

Good morning, friends! Time for a new challenge over at Tuesday Throwdown. This week we are playing "Clean and Simple". Our sponsor for this challenge is Fred She Said. CAS  cards are supposed to be quick to produce... in theory. But not for me. I've never been very successful at making anything CAS and that's because I don't know when to stop fiddling with my card... as you will see below.

I'm using the Stained Glass Floral Doodledallion to create a CAS card. No patterned paper, no embellishment, no sentiment. I just coloured the images with Graph 'It markers, fussy cut them and popped up each layer on foam tape for a dimensional look.

You can see from the picture below the several layers to the flower. Guess I'm pushing the boundaries  of CAS with this one!
Challenges:
TTCRD Aug 30: AG
Retarte #84: AG
Cupcake Inspiration #373: Photo

Now it's your turn to create a project based on this week's theme: "Clean and Simple". For ideas and inspiration, take a peek at what the rest of the DT members have made. Remember to link up your project at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge Blog by 3pm Pacific / 11pm UK on Monday, September 5th. And the most important requirement: Have Fun!

Sorry I haven't been around much this past week. Hubby was down for the weekend and I've been super busy helping a friend with her wedding last Saturday. So I decided to give myself a blog break  ... there just wasn't enough hours in a day!

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a beautiful day, friends!

Beijinhos!

22 comments:

  1. Whatever your CAS boundaries may be, my friend, keep on pushing them! Stunning stained glass floraddoodallion! WOW!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy and it must have been so nice to have your hubby home even if it is just a short while. Love this card! I love the 3D effect and your colouring is always great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous. Love your coloring and the 3-D effect while keeping it CAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW... Asha... this is absolutely STUNNING coloring work! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what beautiful colors, love the layering and the colors. Thanks for playing along with Retarte anything goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome sweetie. Glad you had a lovely weekend with hubby.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I am so happy you got to spend time with your hubby. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow wow!!! This is a wonderful, Asha!! Amazing image, great colouring (WOW!!!)and a fabulous 3D effect!! I'm in love with it!!! Pinned!
    https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524484411665/
    I have never been able to making CAS, for your same reason: I can't stop myself to add details!! :D But you have done a magnificent work with this!!!
    Enjoy your time with your hubby and forget blogland!! :D
    Baci, have fabulous days with the man of your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card Asha, I love the vibrant colours
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is such a gorgeous card! It doesn't even need words.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. The added dimension is awesome and your colouring looks fantastic. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is gorgeous and the layers are an extra treat! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's Cupcake Inspirations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You might do CAS in a bit over indulgent way from what most would do but I sure love the look and it really is a magnificent piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Asha, this is stunning, it's been a while since I have seen a mandala style card and this is certainly magnificent xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning 3d card and colours Asha..loz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Asha!! a 3D Doodledallion wow! Your coloring is divine and I just love the way you've added this perfect dimension : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too struggle with CAS. In general I manage the S but not the C in CAS. But your card, whatever we call it, looks nothing but spectacular!!! Love the effect of the layers and the colors are gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great coloring. Thank you for joining us at Stampartpapel Retarte#84
    Alexandra Dt

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card! Love the vibrant colours and dimension! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD xx Jan

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...