Wednesday, 24 August 2016

Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge #26

Welcome to another month of Chocolate Baroque inspired fun -  Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge #26, which started last Wednesday on August 17th. We have a stunningly spicy colour swatch for you to use in your projects.  If you haven't played yet, now's the time to do so.

You can use any medium to create your projects: paints, inks, pencils, pens, stains, etc., as long as you stick to the colours from the colour swatch, using as much or as little of each colour as you wish.  You don't have to use Chocolate Baroque stamps to play along but if you do you will be entered into a random draw to win £15 to spend on Chocolate Baroque stamps. All participants will have a chance to be on the Design Team's Top Three list and proudly display the winner's badge on their blog.

Here's what I made with these fabulously festive colours - a Christmas Art Journal, my sixth to date. There's lots going on here. Best if I take you through it step by step:

Lets start with the background. First, I adhered a layer of Christmas teddy tissue paper on the top ⅔ of the page and red gingham tissue paper on the bottom ⅓ with Ranger Multi Medium Matte. Then I knocked it back with a thin coat of Faber Castell Gesso. Next came the acrylic paints in the colours of the swatch. I used Folk Art Acrylics in: Cardinal Red, Apple Spice, Engine Red, Pumpkin and Autumn Leaves. When completely dry, I stamped the swirly flourishes with Archival Ink Fern Green and splattered some watered down gesso all over the page.

Next, I mixed a dash of Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter with Ranger Texture Paste and stencilled in a border on the top and bottom of the page with Tim Holtz Holiday Knit Layering Stencil. I set the page aside and worked on the images. I die cut the letters and snowflakes with Lawn Fawn Cole's Alphabet and Mini Snowflakes dies. Then I heat embossed them in with WOW Metallic Brass EP.

I stamped the festive images by Chocolate Baroque with VersaFine Onyx Black, coloured them with Copics, fussy cut and adhered them to the page with Ranger Multi Medium Matte. I cut and stacked the presents for added dimension. The Santa is from an A5 stamp sheet  called Santa Baby and the presents are from an A4 stamp sheet called The Gift Of Christmas.

A little trivia for you - The Gift Of Christmas is my very first Chocolate Baroque stamp.  I purchased it way back in October 2012. It is the one that started it all and still my favourite set.

To finish the project, I added shading around the images with Faber Castell PITT Brush Markers and added glitter... just about everywhere. Don't judge - this is a Christmas AJ! :)
Challenges:
Artistic Stamper August: AG
HLS August Christmas Challenge: Snowflakes
HLS August Mixed Media Challenge: Metal
We Love 2 Create #17: Anything Mixed Media
Vintage Journey August: Stencil It

Challenge #26 will close at 12.00 p.m. (UK) on Tuesday 20th September 2016, and the winner will be announced on Wednesday 28th September 2016. I hope you'll play along and run the risk of winning £15 to spend on Chocolate Baroque stamps.

I'm really hooked on art journalling. But what really encourages me is the amazing comments and emails I've received on my attempts so far. There's so much to learn... so many possibilities... and HEAPS of fun. So thank YOU for cheering me on ... and I hope you'll give it a go too.

Beijinhos!

17 comments:

  1. Hi Asha wonderful journal page, the colours are so rich and I love the Christmas images you've used, lots of fab texture too, brilliant work, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think taht you are made for Art Journaling, Asha!! Any page you have made is stunning, amazing, and so rich of marvellous details!!! This festive apge is another joy for the eyes!! Love how you built the background, with these colors, the tissue paper and the fabulous stenciling on the top and bottom borders!!All the sparkling looks just perfect in this Christmas theme and LOVE the dimensions and the gold, expecially on the Ho Ho with the faux snow! Adorable stamps, wonderfully coloured (as always!!), they are really catch-eyes and so cool!
    Another very deserved pin for you :)
    https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524484322660/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just amazing, it looks like material, this should really be in a frame it is so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Asha, this is absolutely fantastic my friend!! You know I just love all of the wonderful dimension and I love that you have gotten to play around with so many different media! :) I think the colors are perfect to give it that extra depth and dimension and those tall stack of presents next to Santa is so fun!! I can't wait to see more and more of these my friend!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply amazing! I love the whole look of it. I hear many using gesso and not sure why? What does gesso do? Love the colours and how you created something so strong and Christmassy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Journal page Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Asha what gorgeous rich colours. I adore your creation it is awesome.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colors and I love them used on a Christmas project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful . I love the colors , they look perfect

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful Christmas journal page! Love the rich colours and fabulous layers and textures, thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowzers! This is one my favorite Christmas cards ever! It looks amazing, love this old time look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning my friend, absolutely stunning. I like reading through the stages of making and realise what a lot of work went into this fabulous creation. The colours are beautiful. I adore the pile of presents and Santa himself. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great part you made here. Lovely details and colors.
    Thanks for playing with us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Asha, this is amazing! Love this holiday mixed media art.
    Thank You for playing along with HLS Mixed Media - August Challenge!

    Helen - DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is a beautiful Christmas card
    Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous journal page .... love the rich colours. Thank you for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! this is amazing. I love the background you created. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

    Emma - DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...