Wednesday, 3 August 2016

Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge #25: Chocolate

Welcome to another month of Chocolate Baroque inspired fun -  Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge #25. This is very special challenge because it is the Second Anniversary of the Challenge.

And to make our Birthday Bash extra special, we will not be having our usual colour swatch. Instead, we are going with a theme that is close to our hearts:

CHOCOLATE

Head on over to Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge #25 for all the details. As always, you can use any medium to create your projects: paints, inks, pencils, pens, stains, etc., as long as you stick to the theme of CHOCOLATE.

This week I want to show you 4th Art Journal Page. I got the idea sitting on a bench in a flower garden. eating ice cream.  It was a beautiful day, blue sky, puffy white clouds, cool breeze, surrounded by flowers in full bloom and I was eating mango, raspberry and passionfruit sorbet in a chocolate cup! I was in paradise .... Back on earth, I made an AJ page as soon as I got home.

I applied acrylic paints on the gessoed page with my fingers for added texture and interest. It was fun ... like being in kindy again! I inked the edges with Vintage Photo and Brushed Corduroy and applied some Ranger Micro Glaze to fix the water reactive Distress Inks.

The stylised trees - I used TCW Four Ferns stencil, Texture Paste and tiny drop of Fresh Foliage acrylic paint. When completely dry I added shading and accents with Faber Castell PITT Chromium Green. For the background "trees" I used a stamp from Wild Meadow and Dandelion Archival Ink.

I paper-pieced the hot air balloon from Punky Hearts and added extra shading with faber Castell PITT markers. To finish, I sprinkled a watered-down gesso all over the piece.
Challenges:
Crafting By Design August: AG
Anything But Cute Mixed Media #15: Summertime Fun
Country View Challenge August: Hot Summer Days
We love 2 Create: AG Creative / Mixed Media Goes
Word Art Wednesday #242 / #243: AG Inspirational

Challenge #25 will close at 12.00 p.m. (UK) on Tuesday 16th August 2016, and the winner will be announced on Wednesday 24th August 2016. I hope you'll play along and run the risk of winning £25 to spend on Chocolate Baroque stamps.

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a sweet day!

Beijinhos!

21 comments:

  1. Wow!! Such a fabulous AJ page, Asha!! You have succedeed in making the sense of the lightness, the light and the warm, great combo! The ice cream has really inspired you! You must eat more icecream for everyday inspirations :D LOL
    Love soooo much the background paint you made with your fingers, it's just wonderful! And the "trees" look so well on the bottom! The hothair-balloon is stunning, with the paperpiecin, has a very beautiful dimensiuon! And you has been so brave to sprinkle the white on all over (I am always very worry to rouine my work, so I never do it!) :) Your white drops look wonderfully!!
    Hugs, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work once again sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page Asha. Beautiful scene and colours..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous detailing. Love your idea of how you made the trees and leaves. The sky looks so realistic. At first I thought you'd added glitter to the page as it has a beautiful shimmer, but I believe it's the watered out gesso, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No sentiment could be truer! : ) Love your coloring of this sweet scene!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK...so you had me at chocolate!! LOL!! Really gorgeous page my friend!! LOVE the image, your coloring and that sparkle really adds that special touch!! Oh how I've missed seeing your creations and blog!! Hope you are doing well!! SENDING HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning and just love the image Asha , I'll be going up in a balloon soon as got it hubby for a anniversary treat !! I hate heights aswell lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful. Great scene and colored perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful journal page, it reminds me of warm sunny days and blue skies! Thanks so much for joining in our Summertime Fun challenge at Anything But Cute. Anne DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous art journal page! Love your bright colors and that air baloon is simply awesome! Love it!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Summertime Fun challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great journal page reminiscent of a warm sunny day! Nothing could be better than floating in this beautiful sky! Thank you for sharing with our Summertime Fun challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great hot summer colours perfect for my Hot summer days theme over at Country View. Thanks for joining in with the fun x Jane DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card that a perfect sentiment for this fab design Thanks for plying Crafting by design Challenge love and hugs Carole x Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  14. Asha you have done it again sweetie, you come up with such amazing and inspirational designs and this is no exception. Beautiful and stunning, fits the Chocolate theme perfectly. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is so beautiful and whimsical with the balloon. I love the finger style painting you did. It just brings the right amount of flair to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a brlliant scene - I love the way you have created this page!

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great summery page ! Thank you for joining us over at Country View Craft Challenges !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous scene with so many fabulous details including sparkle! And the saying is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  19. funtastic
    I love the sentiment
    I love the tiny splatter
    and I love your scene
    you always made beautiful card and project Asha
    big hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is stunning, Asha. I don't know how you did that texture paste thing, but I'd sure love to learn if you ever care to shoot me some details. I'm trying to learn some new things. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and share your talents with us. You participating in the Word Art Wednesday Challenges means SO much to me....you will likely never really know how much it means to me and how much I appreciate you. But please know that I cherish every visit to your blog, and I am grateful for what you create and share with us.
    May God bless your week, my creative friend.
    Hugs
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. If you ever want to Guest Design for me, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful pages love the colours. Janny

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...