Sunday, 31 July 2016

Piggy Birthday

Hello, friends! It's the last day of July and let's close the month with a squeal! I've been holding back on these cards until after the birthdays of two equally adorable people. They are pretty much the same design with a a few little variations. Both cards feature MFT's super cute Hog Heaven stamps.

Card #1: I used LF's Spring Showers and Simple Stitched Hillside Borders dies to cut out the sun, clouds and hill to set the scene. For a bit of colour, I inked the panel with Tumbled Glass DI and mounted it on a pink card base.

I coloured the images with Copics and added Glossy Accents to the cupcakes.

Card #2 is for a little girl named Charlie (no relation to my little boy - see below) and I made a banner of her name with the help of the Mini Bunting and Banner dies by Clearly Besotted and LF's Riley's ABC, held together by LF's Orchid Lawn Trimming.

Here is the little piggy with 4 cupcakes... yes, because Charlie just turned 4! I gave the little piggy a little birthday glitter with the Clear Wink Of Stella.
Challenges:
AAA Cards #70: Stitching (Faux or Real)
Allsorts #374: A Touch Of Sparkle
Just Us Girls #353: Let's Hear It For The Girls
Seize The Birthday: Pink & Brown / AG Birthday
Amusing Challenge: AG


That's all from me today. I hope July treated you well and let's hope August brings lots more wonderful crafty goodness... and rain, please. It's waaaay too hot.

Thank you for stopping and enjoy the rest of your Sunday. See you soon!

Beijinhos!

My boy, Charlie and his sidekick, Peanut. 

19 comments:

  1. Hi Asha, what fabulous cards and I love the piggie, the scenes you've created with the dies are brilliant, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards Asha, hope you have had a nice weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful fun cards Asha, they are both so cute with these little scenes!! Love very much the sweet pigs, and the glossy accent looks great on the cupcackes!!!
    Hope all it's ok for you! Have a nice August, hope with some rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I love the summer colours and the pale colours that make it warm and inviting. We are hot here as well and need rain. It rained a bit this morning but we need so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Asha these are absolutely ADORABLE!! They make me smile :) We need rain too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Asha! I wanna hug your piggy and steal one of his cupcakes too! LOL Charlie is going to just love hers!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are Gorgeous Asha. Perfect for children..loz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet cards, Asha! I love the piggy! And all of those cupcakes! I think I need to make a cupcake card - I've been seeing so many cute ones around! Great sentiments too, made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Asha it's always such a delight to stop by your blog! Love them both! That pig is darling! Thanks for playing with us over at Just Us Girls for Wild Card Week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those cards. I can see them appealing to any age group or gender. What cute little piggies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fun and super cute cards! The dies you've used to make the outdoors scenes are on my shopping list. You colored the pigs so well with the right shades of piggie pink.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute cards and a sweet image and great design.
    Thank you for joining our Sparkle challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great use of stitched dies to build your little scene and that piggy is adorable. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thrilled to see this cute piggy again with us over at Seize the Birthday! I sure do appreciate it Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SQUEEEEEEAAAAALLLL!!! These cards are absolutely the cutest Asha!! :) It has made me smile from ear to ear!! LOL!! I just love that fabulous banner at the top and I bet these cards were treasured!!! I want to celebrate with those piggys and their delicious cupcakes!! :) I have to tell you that the photo is the cutest thing I've seen today!! I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha, your cards are so sweet! Great scenes for kids ;) Thank you so much for sharing your creations with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute little piggy, she just makes me smile. This is an awesome card, wonderful design. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love both of your sweet cards. Those piggies are so cute and your coloring looks great. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are incredibly adorable. Love the shiny icing on the cupcakes. Love the stitched elements. Thanks for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...