Monday, 4 July 2016

MHKDesigns: Holiday Greetings

Hello, friends and welcome to another MHKDesigns show and tell. We're celebrating Christmas in July with a special release of festive digis through out the month of July. The Design Team will be playing with a new set each week. Mynn is giving away one one new features set each week. So make sure you come back often and leave a comment for a chance to win.  We also have some amazing guest designers to play along.  Check out the new Christmas digis which, are available now over at MHKD Etsy Store.

In keeping with the festive mood, I decided to make a Holiday card using one of our older sets called Holiday Deer. I inked the card base Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink with and adhered the image over a Spellbinders die cut frame. I dabbed some Americana Gold Acrylic Paint on the frame for a little manly festive glitz. A few strokes with my Faber Castell Polychromos, some red raffia tied in a bow, a gold sequin and the card is done.

This set is perfect of masculine cards. The majestic stag is so striking that the image pretty much makes the card. Of course I would say that since I have no clue whatsoever how to make a masculine card! One thing I know for sure -  he is a handsome creature.

Challenges:
Craft DeeBowz July: AG
Come and Get It: Christmas In July
Paper Players: Christmas In July



Thank you for stopping by and for all my American friends: Happy Independence Day!

Beijinhos!

19 comments:

  1. This deer is stately indeed, and you coloured him very beautifully with your pencils! (I must improve very much my skills with pencils, instead! It's a medium that I normally don't use :D )
    The gorgous frame really makes him a catch-eye!
    Have a sweet week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Asha, your pencil colouring is wonderful, and it's a brilliant design.
    We see these magnificent creatures all the time in Scotland, in fact there is a deer farm fairly near us, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is an awesome image and you've used it so nicely to create your Christmas card! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great image and well thought out design. SO glad you joined us at Come and Get It, CarolG & DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Asha, I like the stag and the frame
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and I love how you colored it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great card. The stag is so majestic surrounded by that strong frame..I love it! It's great for a man or that certain woman who is not one for pink....like my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Christmas card. Love your technique. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get IT this month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. That deer does indeed make a wonderful Christmas card - so detailed! I love how you framed him with the greenery too. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I realize you didn't have to color too much due to the stamped image, but what you did color is absolutely perfect for accenting this gorgeous deer. Your papers are wonderful, the layout is perfect and that red bow is a perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our July challenge! I'm glad you did...this card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful image and you've shown it off so beautifully on your design here Asha!! Really love the framing around it!! Hope you've had a great weekend my friend! Sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally beautiful, Asha! I LOVE the gold frame you added around the deer--and the bow is perfect, too! Sending HUGS, my friend! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card and the image . I like the stag and the frame.Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  14. This stag image is beautiful! Your coloring is fabulous! The frame is perfect! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! The image is Stunning Asha. Beautiful colouring and card..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Christmas in July” challenge over at Come and Get it & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Come and Get It)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is amazing! My husband and most of his friends are whitetail deer hunters. This would make the perfect card for all of them. Very nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fabulous card. I love the frame you used for the beautiful deer.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...