Saturday, 23 July 2016

MHKD Christmas In July: Candy Cane and Crackers

Hello, friends! Welcome to Week 4 of the MHKD Christmas in July special release!  FIVE new set have been added to the MHKDesigns Etsy Shop and each Saturday throughout the month of July we will showcase one new set over at  MHKDesigns Blog.  We also have a lovely guest joining us this month - Karin from Karin's Art Scrap. You have to check out Karin's AWESOME cards . 

This week we are featuring the brand new Candy Cane & Crackers.


I love Christmas. I love candy canes. And this sweet little card says it all! I flipped one of the canes to make a heart. The rest of the design is simple: die cut hearts and twine.
Challenges:
CHNC #291: Use A Sentiment
Winter Wonderland Jul 22: Use Dies / Pinches
Deep Ocean #133: Christmas In July
Holly Jolly Christmas #76: Inspired By Song - Candy Cane Christmas by Darius Rucker
Crafting By Design Jul 20: Christmas In July

For more inspiration, check out the rest of the Design Team:

Mynn | Donna | Jessica | Rocky 

And yes - there is a GIVEAWAY. If you'd like a chance to win this set, please leave a comment over at MHKDesigns Blog Christmas in July blog post. Winners will be announced at the beginning of August.

That all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping by and have a super fun weekend!

Beijinhos,

17 comments:

  1. Great idea making a heart with two symmetrical canes! Adorable look, so festive, for this card! The gingham paper in red and white is a sweet background for the layered hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really pops out beautifully with all of the red and white colors!! I love how you've arranged the canes into a heart shape design and it goes perfectly with your layout here my friend!! Thinking about Christmas in July is a wonderful idea!! :) Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a SWEET and happy card! I really love the beautiful contrast between your perfect RED and the white!! and of curse! just the perfect amount of black!

    Well done friend!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, like how you did the candy canes as a heart, and like the gingham background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The candy cane design is fab and I love the gingham too. Terrific Christmas card Asha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really sweet...in more ways than one:) I love the basic white and red...I love the layout and it is so well set up. My candy canes would be wonky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card my dear! I love those candy canes and how you made them in the heart frame to showcase the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 291 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hallo Asha, just love your beautiful Christmas card. Such a pretty layout and great idea to have the sentiment in a heart shape. Sending you big hugs Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Christmas card Asha, just love it. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Winter Wonderland. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Asha, this is AMAZING! I am in LOVE with the way you used these candy canes--and the stitching was the perfect way to finish this creation! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bright, fun colors in those candy canes! Beautiful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So rustic, traditional and yummy looking! Great showcase of this new set!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovey card. Haven't heard of the song you mention but will look it up. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Holly Jolly. Hope to see you again soon. Good luck.
    Lynn, Holly Jolly DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card - the faux stitching finishes it perfectly.

    Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. great use that stamp
    so festive and great white and red card
    very sweet christmas card my friend
    I am commenting and my mom speak with me
    hehehe...I want catch up Asha but its so hard when your mom near you right
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...