Friday, 15 July 2016

Grateful For You

Happy Friday, friends!  I've been working my (feeble) CAS mojo and made a thank you card to give a very special person who has been nothing short of amazing to me. The stamp sets in play are MFT Hog Heaven and MFT Grateful For You.

I coloured the little piggy and flowers from MFT Hog Heaven with Graph'It markers. To create some background interest, I randomly stamped the little flowers from this set with SSS Sea Glass ink. It's very light  and does not compete with the rest of the elements on the card. Then I inked the edges with Tumbled Glass. Using the word die included in the MFT Grateful For You I cut out "grateful" with blue glitter foam. The sentiment, also from MFT Grateful For You, has been heat embossed in white.

I adhered strips of patterned paper, cut it out with LF Stitched Rectangle dies and cut out a frame with another from the set. Then I mounted the frame on foam tape, as with the die-cut "grateful".


Challenges:
MFT Sketch Challenge #289
Cute Card Thursday #434: Embossing
Addicted To CAS #92: Stripes



Hope you have lovely weekend planned. I'll be helping a friend with her wedding preparations... there's so much left to do! Thank you so much for stopping by today.

Beijinhos!

16 comments:

  1. This card is very delicate and sweet, my friend! A delight! The cute little piggy with the blue flowers make me smile, such a lovely image!! And the superlight background with the little flowers is really perfect! Love the banner in black and white with the blue glittered foam sentiment!! Great design, clean and simple but also very interesting!
    Have a nice weekend with the wedding preparations of your friend! I think it will be busy! :)
    Baci!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Asha, i love that little piggy and the glittered sentiment
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Famtstic as always Asha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the piggy peeking in. Love the glitter too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Asha, love the wee pig and that glittery sentiment is fab, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute...who was your inspiration? Is it Ms. piggy from YouTube?? I love the foam letters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of stripes...ad I love that cute piggy!
    Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is nothing but adorable! Love your little piggy, the way you made the sentiment for color, glitter and dimension, and how you made the strips of paper! Super design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the Cutest card Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWE!! Asha, this is soooo super sweet!! I adore MFT and your little piggy!! :) I know you're friend will just LOVE IT!!

    P.S. I've had some busy in my life lately, but wanted to let you know that I am thankful for the lovely card you sent my way!! You're such a rock star and I admire you in so many ways my friend!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh so cuuutee
    I love this Piggy too and I love the way you arrange your card
    this is not your style but I love it... so CAS and adorable
    love all the blues here

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, that pig is so cute and like how you did the grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super fun design and that little piggy is adorable, the sparkle from the grateful sentiment makes the whole design stand out and adds a little fun to an already cute design. Perfection !! Hugs to you my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is so adorable. I love the cute lil' piggie and the fab paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing like an ADORABLE pig!! to make you grateful!

    SWEET friend!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  16. So adorable :) thank you for sharing with ATCAS

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...