Friday, 1 July 2016

Chocolate Baroque: Tree of Love

Good morning, friends! I'm starting the month of July with a brand new stamp by Chocolate Baroque. Today I'm featuring the Tangled Birch stamp on a fun and playful Art Journal page #3.

I wanted to created a page that was fun, a little whimsical and in technicolour. So I grabbed bright colours, used some of my favourite dies for cardmaking and created this playful piece.

I started by applying a Faber Castell Gesso and Americana Acrylic Paints in three shades of blue with a touch of light grey in the background. Next, I added interest with the wavy woodgrainy stamp from Harlequin Fragments and Cobalt Archival Ink in the top half and Hydrangea Archival Ink in the bottom half. Finally, some texture with Texture Paste tinted with a hint of yellow and TCW Tie Dye Stencil to create an abstract moonlight.

While the background was drying I stamped the Tangled Birch with VersaFine Onyx Black and watercoloured it before fussy cutting. Ooops! I accidentally cut out the moon from the original stamped image and was left with three trees and no moon. I fixed it by die cutting a circle and adding the moon behind the branches. A slightly different look but I saved the trees! I coloured the moon with Americana Splendid Gold Metallic Finish.

I added some die cut hearts (Lawn Fawn) to the bare branches and grounded the trees with die cut grassy borders (Lawn Fawn). 2 layers of grass, behind and in front of the trees, and inking and shading with Distress Inks and Faber Castell Pitt Brush Markers helped in creating dimension without adding bulk. I also added some shading around the tress and yellow highlights on the barks to add depth and dimension. The quote is a mish-mash of various letter stamps and dies from my stash. Final touch: Clear Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents on the diecut hearts and love.
Challenges:
Creative Artiste July #16: AG Mixed Media
Simply Papercraft #32: AG

If you like trees, I've got another one for you tomorrow, also featuring Chocolate Baroque stamps. Looks like it's going to be a month of flora and fauna.

Before I forget - I'm giving away TWO Chocolate Baroque stamps. Find out how you can win HERE. Thanks for stopping by today. Have an amazing day, friends.... and hug a tree! LOL

Beijinhos!

11 comments:

  1. You are becoming my favourite muse of Mixed Media, Asha!! Really!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! (And pinned!!) Great work of ART! Such a wonderful scene you have created! You always put a special light inside your works, love this brightness!!
    Just adore how you have modified these tangled trees adding the hearts and the shadows!! Amazing background with the wavy woodgrainy in the blue and think that your moon is just perfect as it is, it gives a fabulous dimension to the scene! And also the grass adds a fab dimension! Love the tiny words and the colours combo!! ...Love ALL!!!! :D
    Waiting to see others masterpieces with tree from you, tomorrow! :)
    Hugs, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. wonderful piece of mixed media..love the tree so much..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card, your background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue background, reminds me of Van Gogh's A Starry Night. The trees are great and loving the 3D look

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha this is wonderful ! I love what you have created my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool. I love all the texture in it and beautiful colors in your scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asha this is the coolest!! I love the dimensional scene you created and the trees are the best! I really like your shimmery moon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Page Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an amazing piece of art work my friend!! :) Love how you've put this scene together!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asha you are growing more and more with your mixed media, well done... Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

    Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the techniques you have used to your creation. Looks fantastic
    thanks for joining our challenge over at
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
    Debbie DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...