Tuesday, 12 July 2016

Chocolate Baroque: Fair Lady of Summer

Good morning, friend!. I'm back with a project featuring one of the new seasonal single cling stamps by Chocolate Baroque. Thee are 4 stamps in this collection - each depicting a lady of the season: Spring Awakening, Summer Fair, Autumn Medley and Winter Dawn.

Today I want to show you a card showcasing Summer Fair. The little flowers around her is a stamp from an older set called Seasonal Fragments.

I stamped the image onto Canson heavyweight cold press watercolour paper with VersaFine Onyx Black. Next I wet the paper and applied red and green water colour around the image, let dry completely before colouring the lady.  To add interest to the background, I stamped the little flowers from Seasonal Fragments with VersaFine Satin Red ink.  And to break up the flat background ever so slightly, I added little drops of Daffodil Liquid Pearls. Finally I mounted the finished piece on a 6 "x 4½" top folding card.

I used Winsor and Newton watercolours,not fussing too much about light and shade and all that technical stuff. Just laid on the colour, in layers ... and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.
Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Flora and / or Fauna (flora)
Come and Get It: Make Your Own Background
OneStitch At A Time #266: AG With Elements of Nature
30 Day Colouring Challenge

I hope you'll feel inspired to do some watercolouring too. The summer is here in full swing: its hasn't rained for weeks, city hall is issuing  guideline about prudence when watering the gardens.... and those fiendish fruit-bats are still devouring my figs ..... aaaaargh!

Thank you so much for stopping by. You can find more projects by my team-mates over at the Chocolate Baroque Design Team Blog.

Beijinhos!

11 comments:

  1. Great watercolouring on this wonderful lady, Asha! Love how you have given light and shades only with layers of colour, such a great effect!! The big flowers are so realistic!!
    And love very much the background, too, the two colours and the pretty flowers, it winds so well the lady!!
    P.S. I am enjoying my new stamps, they are adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha, love your card and the colours are gab, lovely and bright for this Summer lady. Watercolours give such a soft look and your background is brilliant, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I would be please too. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pleased...really.? You should be elated Asha, this is really, really lovely, you clever thing!! Such fantastic colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha!! Just beautiful!! I never stop being amazed with your water coloring skills!!

    So sorry to be absent so much lately Blogger won't let me catch up on my commenting without accusing me of being a ROBOT! humph! but I've see all your wonderful creations and your winning Soccer team Yahooee!! and hope I'll be back to regular blogging soon!

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Stunning Asha. Beautiful colouring and the background is fabulous..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great watercolour! Her flesh colour is great and it is very ethereal. Just wonderful as always

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, you did a great job with the water coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and colorful. There was a lot of work to make this project, right? Great coloring! Thank you for sharing your project with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I'm at a loss of words to convey the beauty of your coloring on this detailed image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card. I love the coloring you did on your image. The flowers are just beautiful and the blue butterfly is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at One Stitch At A Time.
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...