Saturday, 11 June 2016

Thanks!

Hello friends! It's Saturday and that's reason enough to be in a good mood. After missing, 2 rounds of Tag You're It Challenge and I was determined not to miss a third.

The inspiration tag for this fortnight is a sweet number by Anya Curvers. I've used Lawn Fawn stamps and dies on my project, prompted by Anja's design: tag on a card, splash of blue on top right corner, cascading elements and the general colour scheme.

To cut the tag I used LF Tag You're It and inked the edge with Salty Ocean. All the floral elements are from LF Penelope's Blossom - a sweet set that I don't use often enough - and cut it all out with the coordinating Lawn Cuts.

Like Anja's card, I wanted to keep the background blank but my primitive urge to eliminate white space drove me to LF Woodgrain Backdrops stamped in Memento London Fog and cut with LF Stitched Rectangle Stackable. The twine is LF Lime Cord.

Yes, everything on my card is wonky, which makes this perfect for Lawnscaping's Off Kilter challenge. Another glass and I would have fallen off the chair... hic! (In the light of day, I would have preferred the greeting to be straight and not tilted. Oh well, live and learn.)

These blossoms are too cute. I used the following inks for the flowers: VersaMagic Sea Breeze, SSS Blue Violet, VersaFine Lagoon Blue and VersaColor Marigold. For the leaves I used SSS Fern, VersaFine Spanish Moss and Memento Bamboo Leaves. Finally a few drops of Silver Liquid Pearl to finish the scene.

I cut the greeting with LF Scripty Thanks die using grey cardstock and lined it off kilter with black fun foam for that shadow effect. And then I doused it with Silver Wink of Stella for some sparkle.
Challenges:
Lawnscaping #131: Off Kilter
Tag You're It: Inspiration Tag by Anya Curvers
CAS MixUp June: Stamping + Die-cuts + Choice: Liquid Pearls



That's all from me today. I'm off to catch up on blog visits... been falling behind... again! There just aren't enough hours in the day, I tell ya. It doesn't help that I am a very s-l-o-w crafter. NOTHING gets done in under an hour. I won't tell you how long this card took!

Thank you so much for stopping by and enjoy the sun (and sangria), friends!

Beijinhos!

24 comments:

  1. Hi Asha, I think that your last glass of that good sangria have made a fab work with your mojo :D :D Love the whole tag, at my eyes it's just perfect, and also the tilted diecut sentiment in the angle. Amazing choice of background for these sweet blossom, the grey woodgrain make them pop out very well and adds a lot of interest!
    So very well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Asha, gorgeous colours and design, I like the off kilter look, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty and colorful die cut flowers. Your angled design is fun. TFS Asha and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet Asha! Love your pretty bouquet of flowers on your tag ... and that wonderful woodgrain background. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo good on every level Asha. Great fresh colours, fab woodgrain stamp and I love the offset sentiment...great job all round!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome sweetie and all looks gorgeous from where I am sitting. Hope you are all well.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Asha, I love the tag
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. I love the added wood grain panel and the off kilter sentiment. It all works so well together with those pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tag attached to the card. I rio really like how you made the word show up and love that tag! Great work as always

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Tag Card Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are pretty blossoms, Asha! Love that bit of sponging in the corner and the tilted design! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Asha, you make me giggle about removing the white space! Adore the bright colours and the touch of sparkle x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the flowers on that colors
    the glittery THANKS is sweet on your card
    and love the woodgrain BG behind the tag
    great TAG CARD Asha
    see you around my friend
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely tag and card! Wonderful bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning card! I love your grouping of florals and the beautiful color combination. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you made the bouquet, Asha--darling tag!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely stunning design Asha!! Love the wood-grain background and those gorgeous flowers!! Love the tilted look! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  18. JUST lovely! Asha! sweet take on the challenge!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Asha, gorgeous card love the little flowers in the blues. Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card and I hope you have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is really awesome love the little flower bouquet and those lovely colors. Thanks for joining us over at Tag You're it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Asha, Wonky is wonderful in this pretty card. Love the woodgrain background, and the variety of colors in the summer blooms of this bouquet. The tag focal point is an attractive look to display these flowers, and love the bold dimension of that fab sentiment. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  23. ASHA! I'm light years behind in commenting; should you find more hours in the day, can you zing a few my way! Anyway, I'm parachuting in to cheer and applaud the lovely wonkiness you've created for Tag, You're It! A fun, fresh take on the inspiration tag! Love it!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, I'm a fan all the tilty wonky goodness on your tag/card, Asha. Love the gorgeous blue bouquet too! Thanks for joining us at TYI!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...