Tuesday, 21 June 2016

MHKDesigns June / July Challenge

LATE EDIT: Thank you to my MHKD Teamies and Friends for organising and participating in this incredible Birthday Blog Hop. You are the BEST!!!

*********************

Hello, friends!  Welcome to our sixth MHKDesigns Challenge. This Challenge is all about keeping it simple and having fun while creating. Each each month you will get  a photo and colour swatch prompt. YOU decide which you're inspired by to create your work of art. It can be either or both. AND you are free to make what ever paper project you fancy - a card, scrapbook layout, a tag, a box, art journal page... you choose! The options are limitless.

The Design Team will be showcasing products from MHKDesigns Etsy Shop and we would love to see you use them too. However, you are free to use any products and enter the challenge to win some fabulous goodies by MHKDesigns. If you use stamps or papers by MHKDesigns you may ignore the Challenge prompt altogether; i.e. it's ANYTHING GOES for you!

Let's take a look at the Challenge prompt:

Here's my card inspired by the colours only. Looking at the image, I wanted to go down the masculine seaside route. But NO! I decided to challenge myself and make something quite the opposite. I've paired Stitched Sunflowers with a patterned paper from Beautifully Brocade.

I coloured the image sunflower with Faber Castel Polychromos and finished it with Wink Of Stella Gold, tiny yellow bling and yellow twine tied in a bow.


The winner of this Challenge stands to win some fabulous products by MHKDesigns. So make sure you follow the challenge rules and you'll be eligible for the prize. And if you need a little creative boost, you'll find more inspiration by the rest of the Design Team over at the Challenge Blog. You have until July 15th to link up your project.

Thank you for stopping by today and I'm looking forward to seeing what you create for us this month.

Beijinhos!


Supplies



28 comments:

  1. Hi Asha, love your sunny card using the challenge colours. Have a lovely day today, my friend, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful! A little birdie told me today is your birthday. I hope it is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asha, wishing you a lovely birthday, hope you are spoilt rotten! Love your card coloured beautifully as always, it fits so well with the challenge colours... have a great day... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! You deserve the best day and year ahead. Love this card and how you incorporated all the colours. Flowers always are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Beautiful!! Wishing you a FABulous Birthday, so celebrate big today :) Love your card, very artsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my dear dear friend...it's with great pleasure that I wish you EVERY good wish that I could possibly wish for you on your birthday today!! I hope you enjoy every minute of it too!! You deserve it my dear!! Your card is absolutely stunning and I just love sunflowers!! The sentiment is absolutely perfectly fitting for today too! :) Wishing you all of that and a lot more!! BIGGEST HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous sunflowers, Asha! I hope your birthday is a very special day for you and we all loved doing the surprize birthday hop for you. Bless Mynn for thinking of it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, lovely sunflowers, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey!! Happy Birthday friend!! I didn't know it was your birthday! I hope this is the BEST birthday you ever had! : )

    BIG (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the Sunflower Birthday Girl. A ray of sunshine just like you like on your special day. Sending cyber hugs.
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to you! I love your beautiful sunflower card! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    Hugs,
    Chriss America Real
    http://chrissandlou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um grande aniversário para si, Asha! Espero que passe um ótimo dia!
    Beijinho

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Asha! SURPRISE!!!!! May you have many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Asha !! Have a fantastic day. Love your sunny sunflower card xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ASHA! I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day--you deserve it! This card is totally GORGEOUS--the way you colored the image is just stunning, and the added bling and gloss are the perfect finishing touch! I feel so blessed to have you as a friend and on my team--you are amazing! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely sunflower and sweet design, my friend! Seems by the comments that today is your birthday.... in this case HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous cars Asha, hope you are having a wonderful birthday dear friend! Happy happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Asha, I hope you're celebrating in style and having fun! I'm loving this card with the summery colors, and I love that the background looks like honeycomb!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful. I love how you were inspired by the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A wonderful card Asha- love the beautiful coloring A fun hop in your honor- what a fun B-day present! Hope your Birthday is just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So gorgeous and uplifting Asha which I certainly need today.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card and colours Asha. Happy Birthday..Hugs Loz&Hardy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful love the colors.
    lots of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card Asha.
    The colouring is so lovely on this card !

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would never have thought to color the leaves blue to go with the palette, but it looks AWESOME!!! Love your gorgeous card!!
    A very, very Happy Birthday to you!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card and....HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHA!!! :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous & happy birthday !! Although I know you had a great one xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...