Monday, 6 June 2016

Chocolate Baroque: Gilded Ornament

Hello, friends! Happy Monday! Chocolate Baroque has released 6 brand new cling mounted individual rubber stamps called Baroque Ornaments. They are absolutely gorgeous... seriously! You can do so much with these delicate and intricate stamp designs ... and you have 6 to choose from.

I've got an easy card project to share with you, featuring the Palm Fan Silhouette Baroque Ornament stamp. This card is a luxurious blend of spice and gold and full of eastern promise. Think Arabian Nights and heady scents of Moroccan souks.

I prepared the background with a blend of Distress Inks: Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed, Fossilised Amber, a touch of Dusty Concord and a hint of Seedless Preserves.

Next I worked on the focal images. I stamped the ornaments on a card the same size as the background and heat embossed it with WOW Rich Gold EP. Then I coloured it with Distress Inks: Aged Mahogany in the middle and blending out with Carved Pumpkin. For contrast I inked the outer edges with Chipped Sapphire.

After fussy cutting the ornaments in one piece, I adhered it over the prepared card base with foam tape, exposing the inky background.

The greeting is from Loving Sentiments A5 stamp sheet, stamped with VersaFine Majestic Blue.

Here's a closer look at the ornament. Gorgeous design and with clear, crisp lines. A joy to emboss too!

Challenges:
Craft Your Passion #315: AG
Crafting From The Heart #115: AG
Sparkle & Sprinkle June: AG with Loose Glitter / Embossing Powder / Flocking
Where the HeART Is #10: AG
Artistic Inspiration #158: AG

That's all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day. I'll see you tomorrow!

Beijinhos!

16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the gold embossing and the rich warm colors remind me of Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Asha!!! It's really a gorgous card, with all the gold embossing and these sun colours! It feels to me as the 1000 and 1 nights! :) Fabulous! Love very much the contrast of the warm and cold colours! I have already seen these new stamps, they are so beautiful, and you have shown this so well!
    Have a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Asha, I love the rich colours and the fabulous design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the detailing is perfect and the colours are superb. Oh dear I can feel a spending spree coming on. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so rich and those colours are simply glorious, stunning stamps and beautiful embossing, I love this design Asha, perfection!!!
    Missy Pink xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous work of art Asha!! LOVE the gold embossing and pretty Summer warm colors on this!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so rich and elegant looking. I love the colors you chose. I love all the gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simply beautiful! A real stunner and your description is right on. I almost feel like the Arabian Knights book should be beside your card and smelling a wonderful incense. I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW - stunning creation. Fabulous embossing and love the rich colours! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to see how this came to life from being a blank white paper to this warm and golden colored design, it looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card and colours Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous images and background love the rich colours and gold embossing--Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Asha what a beautiful card, love these new stamps. Have never tried their stamps, maybe its time to. Love the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your colors are stunning! Love it. Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle's Creative Challenge. Have a great day! - Chris, SNS DT

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...