Saturday, 21 May 2016

MHKDesigns May / June Challenge

Hello, friends!  Welcome to our fifth MHKDesigns Challenge. This Challenge is all about keeping it simple and having fun while creating. Each each month you will get  a photo and colour swatch prompt. YOU decide which you're inspired by to create your work of art. It can be either or both. AND you are free to make what ever paper project you fancy - a card, scrapbook layout, a tag, a box, art journal page... you choose! The options are limitless.

The Design Team will be showcasing products from MHKDesigns Etsy Shop and we would love to see you use them too. However, you are free to use any products and enter the challenge to win some fabulous goodies by MHKDesigns. If you use stamps or papers by MHKDesigns you may ignore the Challenge prompt altogether; i.e. it's ANYTHING GOES for you!

Let's take a look at the Challenge prompt:

My project for this challenge features several elements from previously released sets. It showcases a lovely flower from Tulip of Thanks. I'm keeping the design fairly simple but adding interest with dimension. The sentiment is from Rainbow of Ribbons. The tiny polkadot paper is from Sunflower Sampler and this paper bundle is one of the prizes this month. The background papers is from a brand new pack called Glorious Garden which was released a couple of days ago.  

Here's a closer look at the dimension on this card. So I went a bit overboard with the foam tape, but it adds a ton of interest to an otherwise simple card. I also curled the corners of the background paper.
Challenges:

The winner of this Challenge stands to win some fabulous products by MHKDesigns. So make sure you follow the challenge rules and you'll be eligible for the prize. And if you need a little creative boost, you'll find more inspiration by the rest of the Design Team over at the Challenge Blog. You have until June 15th to link up your project.

Thank you for stopping by today and I'm looking forward to seeing what you create for us this month.

Beijinhos!
Supplies

25 comments:

  1. Wow Asha, this is a GREAT paperpiecing! These tulips really pop out from the card with your layers, and also the leave looks so realistic!!! Fabulous! And the curly corners matches perfectly with the flowers! Wonderful design, so vibrant even if there are a few colours!! This green is fabulous, it remember me the good luck colour!
    Have a sweet weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beaut Asha, great image, great colours and great dimension. Hope you are having a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Asha, stunning and utterly pretty. I love the colours and match the challenge perfectly. You are so clever and have a real eye for detail. Hugs Missy Pink xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW! Asha!! this card is truly remarkable! I am in awe friend!! Stunning details : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Asha, gorgeous layered bloom and your design is fabulous, Love the colours too, they are so fresh, brilliant interpritation of the challenge, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an amazing card! I love the dimension and the colors and the tulip really pops on the polka dot background! Thank you for joining us at Hiding in My Craft Room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely amazing Asha. The colours , the flower it's fab x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really rocked this challenge. What a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really beautiful and I love the colours used. You created a great card with these colours...just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, a brilliant take on the inspirational photo Asha. Your card is simply stunning.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning and amazing! Thanks for sharing at PDE Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Asha I was blown away with your colouring and the great depth of the image. A real stunner.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, my friend! Love that we both chose the same image and color combo but our cards are so different. Fabulous dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely stunning and the dimension is great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. stunning like Donna said
    I love the dimension too My friend
    and love the tear notes look at the top area
    cool effect
    and Adorable Mynn Image
    Thanks for your visit Asha...
    I too some ladies I did not get any email anymore if she posting something
    but I joined BLOGLOVIN
    they will show what my friend posted if I look at that Bloglovin
    but sometimes days is so busy and cant visit all
    Asha how about your job, in Amsterdam do you do the same job as in Portugal?
    hope you enjoy it
    we will go to Holland at 20-27 August
    if you are near NORWIJK maybe
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty and such detail! Thanks for sharing at Craft Rocket Challenges. Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card and colours Asha..loz

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your card, Asha! The notebook idea is really bright (I used a notebook page too - - lol)! This looks wonderful with that great emerald green color palette too! Very pretty!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your pretty dimensional flower Asha against that bright green background paper and love the curled edges of the paper for added interest. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH my goodness, Asha! This is AMAZING! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you used the pepper paper as your backing--and the dimension really looks fab! STUNNING card, friend, as usual! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. The green here us really eyecatching. I love the effect of the popped up details of the flower. It's a simple design yet it feels so beautifully detailed...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! This is absolutely amazing Asha!! I just love the dimension you've achieved on your flower!! Clever details!! I need to learn to color from you with pencils! I just got me some, but they're Prismacolor ones. I plan on doing some practicing a bit when I have the time! :) Beautiful job as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so pretty! I'm so glad you linked up with us at the PDE linky party!
    Marji DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us over on the HIMCR blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous work of heART, adding all of the extra dimension to the flower image, wow does it pop.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...