Monday, 9 May 2016

Chocolate Baroque: You Inspire Me

Hello friends! As most of you know, I'm dipping my toes in the mixed media kiddie pool. Here's another piece featuring Chocolate Baroque's new Flowering Baroque Heart clear stamp.

I created a mosaic-like background by sticking down little pieces of patterned papers. Then I knocked it back with a wash of watered down Folk Art Dove Grey acrylic paint. When completely dry, I gave it a coat of Ranger Multi Medium Matte.  Next I added some shading with Faber Castell PITT Brush Marker. I coloured a dollop of Ranger Texture Paste with a smidge of Mowed Lawn DI and added the leafy accents using TCW Mini Four Ferns stencil. After a coat of Ranger Multi Medium Matte over the leaves I added some shading with Faber Castell PITT Brush Marker. Next came splashes of watered down Faber Castell Gesso. Finally, I stamped the sentiment from Words Of Inspiration with Ranger Archival Jet Black and mounted the focal image with foam tape.

I stamped the Flowering Baroque Heart on white card with VersaFine Onyx Black and coloured it with Faber Castell Polychromos. I finished it with some Wink of Stella Clear Glitter and Daffodil Liquid Pearl. Lastly, some highlights with a white gel pen to the flowers and sentiment to make them pop.
Challenges:
Eureka Stamps #192: April Showers Bring May Flowers
We Love To Create #10: AG Mixed Media
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Stencil It
Use Your Stuff #222: Use Texture / Modelling Paste
Let's Colour Linky Party #9: AG + Something Coloured

I have to say, this has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I expected to be defeated by all the complicated techniques of mixed media. My ignorance helps with keeping it simple. What I've really learnt is that it's not difficult to fake it! I have no idea what I'm doing nor what I'm going to end up with, but so far I have been pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Perhaps I shall start an Art Journal.... not sure what that is but it sure sounds posh! :)

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think. Comments and critiques are most welcome - it's the only way to learn and improve. The weather is still miserable here with endless icy cold rain. The heating is on, the winter woolies are out of storage. I'm told the sun has moved to the UK! That is SO not on. Please send it back! :)

Beijinhos!

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful Asha and love the added colour to the flowers that make them pop...Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a real beautiful masterpiece sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asha, in my opinion your skills in mixed media are just great!! You are be able to do sweet and light mixed media projects, and this is fabulous!! This one make me fall in love!! Such a great dimension has this heart! And there are a lot of amazing textures in your piece! So delicate and full of light! Wonderful work!!!
    Hugs and love

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! Such a lovely card...Love the background so much..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Panic not, it's pouring down here in southern England so I'm guessing the sun is headed your way!! Shame really as you will be out enjoying it rather than treating us to your new found love of MM. You clearly have the "gift"!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far from what I've seen your mixed media adventure is really successful, you're great at this! Lots of work on the background but I love the patchwork effect and the softness of it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eerything about this is lovely, but I especially like the brilliance of the flowers! Well done. Thank you for joining the Eureka Stamps challenge this week - April showers bring May flowers. Dorothy S, Eureka DT member

    ReplyDelete
  8. THUD!!! Wow, this is incredible Asha!! Love the colors and the background has so many layers of cool patterns and colors!! Brilliant design my friend!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome ! You have totally rocked this mixed media peice Asha xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. Adding more color was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautiful. I love the strong colours of the heart and flowers Witt he background...wonderfully executed. We have it a bit cool but it seems to feel like spring here at least.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic! Love those flowers on the heart. Thanks for playing along with us at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowie!! posh or not that sounds like a fantastic idea!! YOU have GOT IT!! Over the top great Asha!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  15. wooooww stunning coloring and love the layout

    ADORABLE CARD Asha this is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic project! love all the mixed media techniques you added in :)
    Thank you for joining us at Use Your Stuff! Hope to see you again next time

    Tammy Cochrane
    Use Your Stuff DT
    TLC PaperPassions

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous! love all your mixed media techniques.

    Thank you for joining us at *Use Your Stuff*! Hope to see you again ♥

    Majo - Use Your Stuff DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful creation, Asha. Love the flowers and wonderful design all around.
    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Ellie
    Let's Color Linky Party
    Critters & Creatures Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card and I Love the mosaic background you have created Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome and done with a real WOW!! I love it !!! Hugs Missy Pink xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...