Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Chocolate Baroque: Flowering Heart

Hello everyone. I'm back to share with you another project. Today it's all about the Flowering Baroque Heart single clear stamp by Chocolate Baroque. I had planned a simple card with a shabby feminine look inspired by an old hand embroidered pillow neatly stored away in my mother's attic. My great grandmother made it way back in the early 1920s ... almost 100 years ago!

How To:
  1. Stamp the the Flowering Baroque Heart image on to kraft cardstock using Ranger Glacier White Pigment Ink
  2. When completely dry, colour in with Faber Castell Polychromos.  
  3. Cut out image with heart shaped die and ink the edges with Vintage Photo.
  4. Prepare background using patchwork technique and ink the edges with Antique Linen.
  5. Cut out heart shape using same die as in #3 above and inlay the focal image.
  6. Finish with lace and Petal Pink Liquid Pearls.
Here's a closer look at the Flowering Baroque Heart. I decided to inlay the heart in keeping with the original design. The extra bit of work makes a change from the usual mounting-on-foam tape method. 
Challenges:
Inspiration Destination #87: AG
Word Art Wednesday #232 & 233: AG Inspirational
Crafty Gals Corner #73: AG
Creative Moments #94: AG (no twist)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: AG

So that's all from me for today. I'm all caught up with my DT projects... finally! You'll find more inspiration for this gorgeous stamp over at the Chocolate Baroque Design Team Blog. Don't forget to check it out.

I'll leave you wth some photos from my recent trip to Holland. We went all the way north to a quaint little village called Nieuw Weerdinge, very close to the German border. And there I stumbled upon (ok... it was a carefully contrived stumble) a lovely little (and I mean pixie house tiny) craft shop called Bianca's Toko. This magical little place is packed to the rafters with all kinds of crafty goodies. And not least amongst them: Chocolate Baroque!!! Be still my heart! Here are some photos:
Recognise any of these?
I had some of my cards with me. We had been invited to a few dinners and brought a few cards along with me to say thank you. So I whipped them out for a side-by-side photo shoot:
Cracklin' Rose ...
Flora Musica ...
Springtime Edges ...
and Briar Rose Butterfly.
That's me in front of the shop ... and yes, I shopped!
We were on hubby's motorbike - it was a 300km round trip. So worth it... despite my sore bottom! :)  The Dutch countryside in spring is simply amazing. And I came away with more than I bargained for. Thank you Bianca of Bianca's Toko for a wonderful stop-over.

Have a  lovely day, friends!

Beijinhos!

24 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful, love the inlaid heart and the use of the white pigment ink and your coloring is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card and colours Asha..Loz Fabulous photos...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post Asha, first there is your gorgeous card with its wonderful colours and design, then the fabulous photos, image finding a shop in the Netherlands selling CB stamps, just heaven. And then to cap it all there is you looking so good and happy with a bag of goodies, thanks for sharing, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow stunning Asha, I like everything about it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card.
    I live near the border too, [Coevorden]if i hat known that you were so close than I had invited you for a coffee.
    Gr, Elly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I wish you would have shown the pillow - what fantastic inspiration. The woven paper is delightful! And your treasure find of the little shop is a fairy tale. <3 Well, to a crafter anyway. He he. Loved this post. Hugs Asha, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful work with each one my friend!! Your card today is so stunning and I always love your coloring!! :) I'm glad you had a wonderful trip and got to shop too!! YAY!!! Sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi my friend! So glad to see your smile in the photo, it says that you was been well :D I remember all the cards you shown at the store :)
    Great card also today. You have had a clever idea to inlay the heart in an heart shape, it looks great! Fab details with the white ink and the pearl drops around it. Love the gorgous heart and the super sweet paper!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really beautiful creation sweetie, your talent blows me away. So glad you had a good trip and found a craft shop!!!
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh-it looks like you had a wonderful time and you look so happy:) This store is a great find and i wish i could go through my computer into this store. I love your card with all the pretty colours of the flowers. I would love to see a picture of the pillow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous heart, Asha! Saw this at Creative Moments and knew I had to stop by and leave you some comment love. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how beautiful! I just love the heart you did. And, I am so glad you found a great place to shop. That was a true highlight for you to see they had your stamping style on hand. And, I love the photo of you in front of the shop too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and fabulous photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh! Asha!! I love your card but I almost started crying when I realized you got to be with your Hubby!! no wonder you had such a beautiful smile on your beautiful face!!

    Sending great BIG (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is truly stunning! WOW. Hope you enjoyed your trip, oh hang on of course you did, you craft shopped :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an amazing card, this one should definitely so in a frame! Your trip sounds wonderful. No sure if the craft shopping or the motorcycling sounds the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely coloring lovely added that lace ribbon
    and love your layout Asha
    anddd now I am jealous with youuuuu
    Bianca`s TOKO (Indonesia also TOKO = shop I think it because we have occupation from Holand for about 460 years ) and I want to be there too Asha
    ooh oooh
    I will have trip with kids and my hubby at August to Holland at NORWIJK
    Hope we can meet
    it is near the border to German= Rheine
    my sister will have wedding at August 27
    Asha let us meet for a cup of coffee...
    It will be a great meeting between us
    I miss your visit Asha
    I posting something today..
    and I think your time now is same like time in Germany
    yaayyy
    I will try to catch up now
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, Asha. Love, love what you did with the heart. Gorgeous colouring! I wonder where in Portugal you live by the sea. I have family in the Algarve and in Lisbon, both by the sea :-) Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Beijinhos, Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  19. hello Asha! wow, your card is stunning and you look soooo amazing, what a fun time it is when we shop! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the colors you've used and so enjoyed shopping in Holland with you! xx Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. I’ve become a follower of your blog! I hope you will come visit me at EMA-gination ~ my personal blog and return the favor. Hope to see you play along with us at IDCB again and good luck in the draw!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just stunning, love the image & your colouring

    Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card! Love the lace at the bottom - thank you for slipping this by at WAW for our AG Family Friendly Challenge - I leave with you this scripture - John 3:16 God So loved the World He GAVE his one and only son - that whosoever Believed in Him [Jesus] Would have Everlasting Life - enjoy your week! Gail WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. stunning card , beautiful colouring and creation . Thanku for joking us at Creative Moments Blog and good luck with your entry . Hope to see you again in our future challenges
    Kristyn -DT http://mystitchbackintwine4.blogspot.com/
    and artist @ https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/Mystitchbackintwine

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...