Friday, 22 April 2016

Roses and Butterfly

Hello again. I've been posting everyday this week, and to be honest, I didn't think I'd make it. But here were are! First up is a card for Lawnscaping Challenge #128 and this fortnight we have a sketch. I'm rubbish at sketches. I feel I need to conform or I'd be dragged to the principal's office by the sketch monitors.

That über cute paper is from LF Perfectly Plaid and I used Stitched Rectangle dies to cut out the various layers. The focal image is from Bake Me A Cake, embellished with roses and leaves from  Penelope's Blossoms.  I've swapped the rectangle in the sketch for the large Stitched Circle Tag and inlaid the die-cut. The sentiment is also from Penelope's Blossoms, stamped with VersaFine Olympia Green, and I finished the card with some Lime Lawn Trimming.

To stamp the large rose I used Wild Rose, Plastic Flamingo for the small rose and Jalapeño for the leaves. I coloured the cake and stand with Copics. Finally, a few blobs of Perfect Pearls.
Challenges:
Lawnscaping #128: Sketch
Seize The Birthday: AG No Topping

************

Next up is a tag for Tag You're It Challenge #45. The inspiration for this challenge come from a tag created by my blog buddy Carol Mayne. She is my muse when it comes to creating CAS projects. Not only is she super talented, but she is also incredibly kind hearted and and will turn bright as a beetroot reading this unsolicited PDA!  

Here is my tag inspired by the wings, pale coral-peach-pink colours and the word "sparkle".

I inked the tag with Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar DIs. The patterned paper is from Basic Grey's Indian Summer, cut with LF Puffy Clouds die. The leafy details are from LF Penelope's Blossom. The butterfly is from Clearly Besotted's Butterfly Wishes, stamped with LF Wild Rose. The sentiment is from CBS Butterfly Wishes Additions, stamped with VersaFine Vintage Sepia. And for that "sparkle" - one tiny pale green bling.
Challenges:
Tag You're It #45: Inspiration Tag by Carol
Simon Says Monday: Butterfly Beauty

That's all from me today. Before I go, I want to share with you one of my favourite photos of Rosie. We had a fun day out and she was over the moon with joy... you can see it in that HUGE smile on her face. I cannot believe it was year ago today that she became my little butterfly in the sky.  I miss her so much.

Thank you so much for stopping by and hope you are having a beautiful day.

Beijinhos!

25 comments:

  1. I love your gorgeous butterfly tag!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with the sketch and what an adorable tag, love the lace. Great photo. Have a fun weekend and take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Asha, I'm going to shed a little tear... after I was going to comment that the birthday cake is so pretty! So is the butterfly tag! So, I commented in the past about how I appreciate your dog pix on the side-- well, I just lost my Buca last Tuesday, and I feel like it's hitting me so slowly :( I love your Rosie pic. Memories ROCK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Rosie was so sweet... such a joy she has in this photo!! A lot of years ago I have had a similar dog, but with the honey colour. She was in a kennel, abandoned, and when I have picked her up with me she was already 6 years old. I called her "Bionda" and she had a smile as this of Rosie. She was my shadow, always near my foots. If I cried, she licked my face. If I go away to work, she howled and when I came home, she raced, jumped and smiled.
    I miss her so much, too, and take her in my heart...
    You have been very busy this weeek, and these two work are just marvellous! The card is supersweet with this plaid background and the cake with the roses in the stitched circle! The lovely pearls blobs and the twine are perfect details!
    Your tag is my favourite, so so sweet!! Love the delicate colour and any detail! This is a fabulous tag!
    Hugs my friend, have a paceful weekend and take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely, lovely projects Asha, as is your gorgeous photo of two beautiful smiling faces xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and Tag Asha.. Gorgeous photo of your beloved Rosie..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Asha, gorgeous card and tag, I love your colours and designs.
    Your photo is beautiful, and you have many happy memories of Rosie.
    If you head over ot my blog you will see our new arrival, well he is really my son's, but he is my newest Grandpet, big hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what fun background paper for this cute cake on a stand, love it!! Thank you for sharing it at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bright as a beetroot with a sunburn, my sweet friend...and several layers of blushing, to boot! You're a gem; MWAH for the shout out! I adore x love your tag, which captures elements from my little offering marvelously, right down to that wee rhinestone for shimmer! Patterns, sponging, butterfly...sighhhh! So pretty! Your LF cake-flower-and paper combination: delightful! I have the LF plaid paper, which will see some action in my Inkspiration DT cards very soon! The photo of you two gorgeous, filled-with-joy gals...heart-melting and heart-touching. I know what you mean about missing her; my girls have been gone for several years now and not a day passes that I don't think of them with love and longing. My niece and nephew know about them, so every visit, I'm regaled with, "Aunty C, tell us about the time when Casey and Squirt...". They know the stories pretty much by heart, but insist I tell them...and that keeps my girls alive! Maybe a children's book some day: Casey and Squirt's Adventures...Sending you hugs that your memories bring you joy even in the midst of your feelings of loss. Yes, she's waiting, as all our beloved furbaby angels are, at Rainbow Bridge. Hope she's having fun and frolic with my gals...
    Hugs and Love~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a beautiful rose card you made. And, I love that tag with the wonderful butterfly on it. You are so inspiring. And I love the photo of you and Rosie. What a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous creation Asha, so pretty sweetie.
    A lovely photo of you and Rosie, my thoughts are with you.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely tag. The soft colors are wonderful. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both your card and tag are beautiful! I love the patterned paper you chose on each of your projects. That cloud die was a great idea on you tag and I love how you created a little scene for your butterfly. What a great photo of your Rosie, wonderful memories. Thanks so much for joining in on the fun over at Tag, You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, Asha :)
    Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous creations Asha & such a lovely photo :o)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job on the sketch and beautiful tag. Fabulous photo of Rosie!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is so pretty, I love how you decorated the cake. Thanks for playing at Lawnscaping challenges.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous projects, I think sketches are fun, exercise the brain in new ways (if only I did cross word puzzles!). Love the butterfly, many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The card is so sweet and the tag seems to go with the card. I love both. I also love the pic of you and Rosie. I am surprised it is a year but O know Rosie is loving where she is and soaking up the sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  20. I giggled at your comment about being patrolled by the sketch monitor!! Your card is so sweet!! I really love plaid! and your Tag is adorable!! but Asha! I just love the picture of you and Rosie!! I am so glad you have wonderful memories of your faithful friend!

    Have a blessed day!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  21. You should do sketch challenges more often, because I just love how this card turned out! Yummy, delicate colors and image, and you managed to make the sketch your own by changing just a few things. I love it.
    Your tag is a beauty too. Tags are not my comfort zone, sketches are, how different we are:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card and tag, love them both! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow Asha!! I just LOVE love love that LF card!! I can't WAIT to actually get to use those plaid papers...I have the mini pack of them!! It looks fantastic with the cake image too!! Brilliant work with that sketch...I will have to miss out on this one! Your tag is oh so gorgeous as well! Love the butterfly popping out on your design and your pretty lace really sets it off beautifully! AWE!!! I ADORE that photo of you and your pal Rosie! You both looks so very happy. It's always good to remember those fun times together!! SENDING YOU BIGGEST OF HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow,on both you card and tag! That cake is so sweet! Your tag is a work of art! Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It! Love the picture of you and Rosie,I am so sorry she is gone,I never want that daunts come. Hugs, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are both absolutely fantastic! Great colours. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...