Saturday, 2 April 2016

Eclectic Ellapu April

Apologies: This post should have gone live on April 1. No excuse - I just plain forgot. *hangs head in shame*
---------------------------------------

Welcome to another Eclectic Ellapu challenge. We have a choice of 2 themes for you Spring Flowers or April Showers. You can get really creative and make one card with both themes - that would be fun!

This is also the card I sent to Dawn in New Zealand for the March 2016 Card Chain Challenge. I made my card based on the Sketch and Friendship theme. The big bloom is a stamp by Chocolate Baroque called Dotty Flowerhead.  For the background I used paper by Basic Grey.


I coloured the flowers and leaves Distress Inks and fussy cut them. The leaves are from Chocolate Baroque's Sunny Sunflowers set. Then I added some Liquid Pearls and Clear Wink of Stella.

Challenges:
Brown Sugar #192: AG
PDE Linky Party #117: AG
A Bit More Time To Craft #17: AG
Crafty Calendar April: AG
Let's Colour Linky Party #6: AG + Something Coloured

Now it's your turn to create and link up your labour of love over at the Eclectic Ellapu Challenge Blog. Remember, we have 2 challenge themes: "Spring Flowers" and "April Showers" You can enter the challenge as many times as you wish, but make sure you link up your projects by 11:59pm UK on 30 April 2016.

It's the first day of April, folks. I completely forgot  to post this card. It's been a difficult week for me. Lots of personal upheaval and such. Hence the limited blog presence. Anyways, Eclectic is having a DT Call and we are looking for talented crafters, preferably with sharp mental faculties and the abilities to remember dates and times. :) If you are interested in joining the team, the details are --> HERE. Thank you for stopping by and have a fabulous month of April.

Beijinhos

19 comments:

  1. Hi Asha! Sorry for your problems, hope that you resolve them quickly!
    I have always stunned by your flowers, they are so marvellous and has an incredible vibrant feel! This one isn't an exception, it has a fabulous 3D look with your colouring, love the shades of the petals and the leaves and the sparkling on the center! I'm sure that Down has loved very much your card!
    Hugs my friend, have a serene weekend! (the rime were not programmed :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Asha, what a beautiful card, I love these large flower heads and your colours are fabulous.
    So sorry you are having a difficult time just now, I hope you get through it all quickly, take care, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL card!!! :)
    Thanks for sharing it over at the PDE Linky Party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Asha. Hope you are OK. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Asha, I like the fabulous flower image
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and Flower Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweat a beautiful card and I am sure Dawn loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Asha, a gorgeous card, love the bright and happy yellows... have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this flower looks gorgeous! Perfectly colored and I love its big size and the background you chose for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Asha! so sorry to hear you've had troubles. I will be praying for you and asking Jesus to lift your head and bring you a smile!! There is no indication of trouble in this stunning card!! I love that huge flower!! this card says remember there is HOPE in the Creator!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card because it looks like spring. Right now we are having a snow storm. I send you virtual hugs to you and hope things are easing up a bit. You will have to hug your fur babies even more. I have started the years A to Z challenge which is about films but I have made the ABC images for each day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Asha. Sorry I will be probably missing on and off as I have had the very devastating news about my Tony on Friday. They will be sending him home from hospital in the next couple of days with not much hope. I can't have emails sent to me as they go to both computers and I am having a terrible trouble deleting them from his all the time the ones I do not want him to see.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there Asha - so sorry to read that you are having problems at the moment - I really hope that they are sorted and cleared up very soon! I am just popping my DT hat on now but I just have to tell you that this card is fantastic! I love sunflowers and you've coloured this perfectly - amazing! So glad you entered the Crafty Calendar (AG) challenge this month. Lots of luck to you. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely gorgeous, sunflowers always brighten the day. Wishing you brighter days.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous flower and so beautifully colored too! Amazing card!
    Thanks so much for playing along in my Let's Color Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Terrific sunflower! You've really captured the shades of this summery flower to perfection.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Asha! Remember me?! March was a blur and that, followed by two weeks of Spring Break (so fabulous!) and a whirlwind of a back-to-work week, sees me, yet again, falling behind in lavishing praise on your gorgeous cards. You know I adore them all! I am soooo sorry to hear that problems are weighing you down. Sending hugs, prayers and love that they've been resolved or, at least, lessened. Your card: stunning! How lucky Dawn is (as I have been!) to have one of your works of art in her possession. Your sunflower makes me smile...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...