Sunday, 10 April 2016

Chocolate Baroque: Spring Tulips

Good morning, friends! It's my turn to post over at Chocolate Baroque Design Team Blog. And since we are officially in spring I decided to play with my Spring Bird Tulip stamps to make a simple all-ocassion card.

I started by stamping the tulips in a cluster onto Canson Water Colour paper with Versafine Vintage Sepia, masking as I stamp to get the overlapping effect. Next I water coloured the tulips with Winsor & Newton water colours and Caran d'Ache Suprasoft water colour pencils. For the background, I did a wash with Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon. To add interest to the project, I tried some green Lawn Fawn twine around the white card base before mounting the image panel with some foam tape.

I couldn't help but add some shimmer to the tulips with the Clear Wink of Stella Brush Tip and a few tiny pale pink bling around the blooms.
Challenges:
Let's Colour Linky Party #7: AG + Something Coloured
AAA Cards #62: AG
Avenue 613 #171: AG without optional twist
Come & Get It: Bright Colours
Cupcake Inspiration #355: Photo Inspiration colours & flowers


True to form, we are having a wet April. But you know that they say: "March winds and April showers, Bring forth May flowers". Well, I can't wait for blooming May! I'm trying to settle into a new routine. It's not easy but your encouraging e-mails, comments and cards have been a HUGE help... more than you'll ever know. Thank you so much.

Have beautiful Sunday, friends!

Beijinhos!


27 comments:

  1. Such a pretty Spring card Asha, have a fun Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so, so beautiful, Asha! I love tulips and as soon as I saw this card I fell in love.
    Um abraço
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tulps are a true joy for the soul, my friend! So lovely and bright with your fabulous colouring and the sparkling details! Just amazing! The little twine detail is perfect to add interest and the light and delicate background makes the tulips pop out very well, they seem in moving! I wish you a moving in your routine, so you could live with more serenity!
    A big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Stunning Asha. The colours are so beautiful..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traumhaft schön.
    Ich liebe diese Farbenvielfalt.

    Herzlichst Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful sweetie. Gorgeous colouring and layout as ever.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tulips are absolutely glorious Asha. I am supposed to have quite a few somewhere in my garden but I fear the furry bunnies have nibbled them all off!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Asha, it's a stunning card, I love the tulips and the gorgeous bright colours.
    April here has been somewhat wet,and cold at times, but brighter days are coming and I hop for you too, and not just with the weather, but for you personally, take care, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Asha. What a beautifully colored watercolor card. It looks like spring. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swooning!! wow these colors are so beautiful and reflect the hope of spring. After the wind and the rain comes "Joy in the morning!!"

    Hang in there friend! : )

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super pretty card love your choice of colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It, hope to see you again. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, your card is just gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card. Those tulips are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, your tulips are beautifully colored and stamping them in brown really makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is some serious masking, you've made a complete bouquet of my favorite flower! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is so beautiful! I love the soft background and the tulips are rich and colourful...this should bring in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the sparkle on your beautiful flowers - thanks for sharing your project at Cupcake Inspirations - hope to see you again soon - Hugs, Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning colouring! I adore the CB tulips but have only got the smaller year of stamping ones at the moment. This stamp is glorious!
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is absolutely GORGEOUS. It's colored beautifully. Love the little bit of twine. I love the way it proclaims Spring! Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. your coloring the tulips
    STUNNING ASHA
    I am speechless
    totally adorable card
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous tulips,great colouring and love the petal bling---Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such beautifully colored tulips! Gorgeous!!
    Thanks so much for playing along in my Let's Color Linky party, hope you come join in again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely adore your card - tulips are my favourite flower. Lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with Cupcake Inspirations this week, Deborah. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous flowers! So glad you were inspired to join our Patterns challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! this is gorgeous! thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A stunning bouquet of tulips, Asha; Spring time spectacular! Hope you're doing well...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...