Thursday, 10 March 2016

Chocolate Baroque: Russian Fairytale

Good morning, friends. Have you checked out  the new Babushka A5 stamp set by Chocolate Baroque? This set features the 3 designs of Russian Nesting Dolls - called Matryoska. If you don't want to play with dolls, this set also has 2 Russian churches that you can incorporate in your projects.

For my card project, I stamped the larger church 3 times with VersaFine Smokey Grey. Then I masked them and worked on the sky by blending Distress Inks to create the twilight scene. I punched out a circle mask for the moon and added colour with: Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire, Preserved Raspberry, Shaded Lilac, Milled Lavender and Victorian Velvet. I dotted some Stardust Stickles for the twinkling stars.

To ground the churches I blended earth tones: Frayed Burlap, Tea Dye, Old Paper and Antique Linen. With a coloured pencil I added added some grass. To finish the project, I added some highlights to the buildings with a white gel pen.

I coloured the building with Faber Castell Polychromo pencils. You can see from the close-up that I kept the blending loose and light for a sketchy look. You can take time to get a smooth blend ... but I was feeling particularly impatient on that day. :)
Challenges:
Inspiration Destination #76: AG
Retarte #72: AG
TTCRD 8 March: AG
Tuesday Throwdown #284: Create A Scene
Crafty Girls Creations #16: AG
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Make Your Own Background

I hope you liked this card. I had fun colouring it. My first time with Russian dolls and churches but I was pleasantly surprised at the end result. In about a week or so, I'll have another project for you showcasing stamps from the Babushka A5 stamp set by Chocolate Baroque.

My stomach flu is back! Urgh! Just when I thought I was getting better. But, being the greedy so-and-so that I am, I probably stuffed my face too soon. Anyway, back to the doctor I went for a finger wagging speech about what not to do! Sheesh!

Thank you so much for stopping by today, and for your continued support. I'll be around to visit you, so don't you worry. :)

Beijinhos!

Supplies


19 comments:

  1. Can I just say this is amazing! I love this so much! This would be fun colouring and I love the colours you chose not only for the beautiful churches but the sky is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops..I forgot to mention that I hope you feel better soon and stick with some dry toast:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is so Beautiful Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer Asha!! What an absolutely gorgeous scene you've made!! I love your work with the masking and sky blending!! Your coloring on those buildings is just amazing!! Beautiful work my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you are sick my friend...sending big get well hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEeeeeek! I love this stamp set!! MI bought an amazing Matryoska! from Russia when my husband and I were at the Worlds Fair in Germany! The lovely Russian girl explained all about the tradition of the Matryoska on video tape for us! It was a highlight of our trip and a treasure to won. Your card is beautiful especially -swoon- your coloring!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your healt, Asha, but I think that this surely doesn't touch your mojo!! :) Wowzer!! This card is a true delight, a joy for the eyes with these colours!!!! Such a stunning beauty! The stamp is gorgous (great idea stamp it three times!) and your inking and colouring with pencils are perfect and amazing!! Love the details of the stickles in the sky and the white gel pen on the churches!
    I wish you to feel well soon, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's Stunning, Asha! You have produced a real piece of art. Such fairytale colours and a beautiful scene. Will have to think about buying this set :-)
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is amazing, hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous; the "sketchy" look is just perfect for the fairytale feel. Hope your tummy's better soon, it's no fun being sick! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous; the "sketchy" look is just perfect for the fairytale feel. Hope your tummy's better soon, it's no fun being sick! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful. I love your coloring. The way you colored it really shows great light and shading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful and such gorgeous colours.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous pen and pencil work here....your coloring skills are fantastic, as is the scene you created! Thanks for joining us at TTCRD this week, hope you'll join us for more of our weekly Anything Goes challenges.
    Denice - TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this card looks fantastic, Asha! Loving this stamp and the effect achieved by stamping it several times. Your coloring is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant colouring Asha, the sky is marvellous too. Hope you're feeling better today.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is fabulous. You must have spent hours on coloring! I love the background which matches perfectly with the buildings. Great job! Thank you for joining Simon Monday Challenge this wek.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Asha, the sky looks amazing and your colouring is fab
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...