Sunday, 20 March 2016

Chocolate Baroque: Baby Dolls

Good morning, friends. I'm back with project featuring the new Babushka stamp set. I have to admit that at first I found it uncomfortable working with these image. I just didn't know what to do with them. But I've come to learn than when in doubt Clean and Simple is pretty good bet!

To create the background I used WRMK Whimsy embossing folder and inked the edges with Aged Mahogany distress ink.

I stamped the 3 dolls separately with Memento Tuxedo Black on Neenah Solar White cardstock,  coloured using Graph'It alcohol markers and fussy cut before adhering to them to the embossed background with foam tape. For added sparkle I applied Stardust Stickles to their head scarves. I deliberately kept this card super simple and without extra embellishments, which makes it perfect for mailing.
Challenges:
One Stitch At A Time #258: AG + Embossing
Glitter & Sparkle #180: AG
Crafty Calendar March: Special Female / Mum
Let's Colour Linky Party #5: AG + Something Coloured
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge #122: AG + Twist Friendship

That's all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping by. Just one more week before Easter.... eeeek! Have an amazing Sunday and I'll see you soon.

Beijinhos!

Supplies

15 comments:

  1. These russian dolls look great in your card, and love the debossed background, with its that make pop-out them so well! The sparkling on the scarves give them a sweet touch and your colouring is wonderful as always!! :D
    Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Asha, beautiful colouring and I do like your embossed background, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all face challenges on using certain images. But you're right, when struggling CAS is a great go to design, I think this turned out looking really beautiful with that rich red background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and I love the embossing background because it gave a rich. Velvety look about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job using the Russian nesting dolls. I love the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love your embossed background and the color, looks so pretty with the sweet Russian dolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card, love the Russian dolls xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A truly beautiful and very effective creation Asha, fabulous embossed background :) :) Thank you so much for joining us this fortnight at OSAAT. Hugs Jane xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh woooww Asha
    That BG embossed paper is stunning
    and the coloring of that doll I adore
    always great coloring Asha#
    and this no doubt
    GREAT CARD AND STUNNING BG
    love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these dolls and you colored them beautifully. Wonderful card!
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    xEllie - Let's Color and Critters & Creatures Linky parties

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!! I am blessed to own a set of these nesting dolls we purchased from the Russian "booth" at the World's Fair in Hannover in 2000. A huge treat for us because a sweet Russian girl let us video tape her while she shared the history of this beautiful art.

    You did such a beautiful job coloring these darlings : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've got my DT hat on today Asha! Firstly I must apologise for being so late with my commenting but I had to pop by and tell you how much I love your card - those little dolls are so gorgeous! Sorry you weren't a winner in our challenge but I hope you come back to us very soon.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx (DT TTPH)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh heck - I'm not just quite right am I - this should have said (DT Crafty Calendar)! Hugs and mwahs! Sue Pxxx

      Delete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...