Wednesday, 24 February 2016

Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge #20

Hello, friends! It's Week 2 over at  Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge #20. We have a spicy colour swatch for you to use in your projects: four red hot colours. If you haven't played yet, now's the time to do so.

You can use any medium to create your projects: paints, inks, pencils, pens, stains, etc., as long as you stick to the colours from the colour swatch, using as much or as little of each colour as you wish.  You don't have to use Chocolate Baroque stamps to play along but if you do you will be entered into a random draw to win £15 to spend on Chocolate Baroque stamps. All participants will have a chance to be on the Design Team's Top Three list and proudly display winner's badge on their blog.

Here's a little something I created to get you in the mood. I'm using a stamp from Chocolate Baroque's Fluttering Hearts A5 sheet. For the background I blended a few Distress Inks: Aged Mahogany, Barn Door, Festive Berries, Picked Raspberry, Fossilised Amber, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade ... The blending stopped when I ran out of daylight! :)

I stamped the image with VersaFine: Onyx Black for the butterfly and Crimson Red for the heart and sentiment. And there's lashings of Wink of Stella Gold Brush Tip on the butterfly.
Challenges:
Dragonfly Dreams: Hearts & Flowers
Get Creative #33: Loads Of Red
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Inspired By A Song - Dog & Butterfly by Heart
Inspiration Destination #74: AG
Words 2 Craft By: My Heart's Devotion
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: AG

Challenge #20 will close at 12.00 p.m. (UK) on Tuesday 15th March 2016, and the winner will be announced on Wednesday 23rd March 2016. I hope you'll play along and run the risk of winning £15 to spend on Chocolate Baroque stamps.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by - I really do appreciate for sweet comments. Have an amazing day and I'll see you again in a day or two. Until then, take care and stay warm!

Beijinhos!
**********

7 months ago today at 11:45am my André got his angel wings. Two days ago at 11:30pm it was 10 months since my Rosie got hers. Soon it will be a year, then 2 and 3 ... but to me it will always feel just like yesterday. This song by Heart called Dog & Butterfly has always been one of my favourite by the Wilson sisters... more so now than ever.

22 comments:

  1. Stunning colours Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those hot spicy colours Asha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your winged heart card is absolutely beautiful my friend!! Really lovely tribute to your fur family in heaven. If only humans could be more like dogs...:) Sending you hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome gorgeous colours sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally beautiful and I dearly love the hot spicy colours...they are delicious. Sending you massive hugs my friend, thinking of you lots.
    Missy Pink x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asha, First of all, the tributes to your fur (and shelled) babies are lovely. And, this gorgeous card is a wonderful way to remember Andre and Rosie. Thank you for sharing with us at Word 2 Craft By. And, I see you are now following us. Hope that means we'll get to see more of your beautiful handiwork. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful card and great memorial to your fur friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see why the song is so special Asha! Such a perfect Beautiful card too!! I love the way you blended your colors to created the background. Has a lovely glow to show off the especially meaningful image :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love the warm colors on this -- beautiful effect. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous ink blending, Asha, & beautiful images! We have 4 furbabies with Angel Wings & I'll be back to listen to the song. Trying not to cry right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Asha, gorgeous card, great colour blending and the images are stunning.
    Lovely song, and a fitting tribute to your lovely fur babies, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How do you spell EYE CANDY!! Yummy what a beautiful card Asha : ) I wanna be just like you when I grow up!

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. this card is a stunner Asha! I love how well you blended the colours. What did you use to blend the colours? Your angels are always with you and hits is such a loving tribute. I would have been here before but my hubby went to get the router changed so we could have a new password. It didn't work so for two days I had no internet here. the good news is I bought an IPad! Now all works and I can keep up with everything. Wallace says woof

    ReplyDelete
  15. Asha it looks so stunning
    I adore your coloring style

    now try to catch up and jump to your other post
    happy weekend Asha
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. These colours are just gorgeous - what a fabulous result you got, love this.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week, hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Butterfly is stunning and I love much the bold colors you used! Thanks for joining us this week over Simon SAys Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowee! That's a stunner Asha. LOVE that butterfly (need it now!)
    Ha ha...either we are on the same wavelength or I must have subconsciously seen your card somewhere because it looks like I cased it! I got a shock when I saw your card today!
    Hugs to my virtual 'twin'
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh, you work magic with your inks! Love, love this vibrant colored card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card and tribute to your dear pets memory.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my - another stunner. Loving the depth of that colour - gorgeous! TFS

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...