Saturday, 20 February 2016

Birthday Weekend

Hello friends. This is a hurried post - sorry. It's a busy day ... actually, it's been a crazy week. I can't believe I made it to the end of the week in one piece.

First up is a LF Goodie Bag that I'm taking to a friend's birthday this eveing. She's got a very singular sense of style, and by that I mean everyday is a fancy dress party. Rumour has it she's dyed her hair a celebratory shade of "fairy blue" to mark the occasion. We had coffee together eight days ago and she was a flaming redhead then. What can I say? I'm old and boring!

And this is my Party Animal dressed in "fairy blue" coat. :) I used the Stitched Hillside Border die to make the hump and the 'shrooms are from Critters In The Forrest.
Challenges:
Lawnscaping  Challenge #124: Celebration
Seven Hills February Challenge: Fancy Folds - card/project with more than 1 fold


***************

Next up is a birthday card I'll be mailing to a friend in Australia. The sketch by Chrissy Larson from CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #160, paired with the colours from CAS Colours & Sketch #161. I've used Clearly Besotted Stamps: Butterfly Wishes for the greeting and the Basic Stripes for the horizontal lines.
 

I've used the closest colours I can find from my stash:VersaFine Imperial Purple and Distress Ink Milled Lavender. For the stitches I used Lawn Fawn's Stitched Border dies and adhered thin strips of silver card to add interest. The greeting is heat embossed with WOW Silver EP and 3 purple  holographic sequins finish the card.
Challenges:
CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #160
CAS Colours & Sketch #161
Allsorts #351: Birthday Wishes
AAA Cards #58: Sequins



That's all for now. I've got a million DT related stuff to do today...including a truck load of laundry... urgh ... before getting ready for the birthday party later this evening. Thank you so much for stopping by and have a fun weekend.

Beijinhos!

28 comments:

  1. It sounds how two birthday for two really different persons!! :D
    Wonderful both your makes, I'm sure that your friends will love their own so much! My favourite is the gift bag, so colourful with the cute blue fox, but the card is very elegant!
    I love very much the idea of "fairy blue" hairs but I don't dare...I think I am too old for them :D ...your friend is very brave ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Asha, sounds like you are in for one hell of a party tonight!! Have fun!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both so lovely and so different, really gorgeous in their own right. I am sure your friends will both love them
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both truly gorgeous makes, the LF goodie bag is my face die I use it so much x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous makes! The birthday card is so stylish and the goodie bag is really fun.
    The things you said about your friend made me think of my daughter. So I checked your profile to see if you were near her in the UK and found you're in Portugal like me!
    Hope you enjoy the party.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful creations Asha! I love that fun gift bag and your birthday card is gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog with your sweet comment! Furbabies are the best! :) I'm your newest follower!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are great! I love the blue fox_I guess that is for your foxy friend:) I think it is cute and love the colouring. The birthday card is so pretty and I love the different ribbons and pieces-quite elegant

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goodie bag and love the card too. You did some wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty purple and silver card, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous bag and card Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  11. A perfect Birthday card for our theme this week Asha, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness both of these creations really make me smile BIG!! :) Love love love the LF goodie bag with that adorable "party animal" and I love how you've described your friend too!! LOL!! Sounds interesting!! The second card is very cool with the stripes and bling...right up my alley!! Glad you've made it through the week!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful. I love the purple hues, and the sparkle of the silver stripes and embossing. The sequins are the perfect embellishment. Thanks so much for linking up and playing with us at AAA cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards! Your blue fox is super sweet! And I love your wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute goodie bag! So the orange represents her previous hair color and the blue the new? Sounds like a fun lady to be around:)
    Your birthday card looks like a winner! Faux stitching, silver strips and colors so cleverly mixed up, a fantastic make, one of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terrific cards, Asha! Bet your friend loved the darling goody bag & the striped & stitched card is so fun--love the holographic sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the goody bag and wonderful card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for playing in our Seven Hills Crafts challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  19. What super designs, I love the blue fox, isn't he just so sweet!! I simply love your work Asha x

    Missy Pink x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two great projects! The fox goodie bag is just too cute! The purple striped card is really snazzy - thanks for sharing it with us at CC&S! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cards! I love the mix of dies and stamping for the stripe card. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful card for the challenge. love how you have used different dies and colour strips looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all that texture in your stripy card. Thanks for sharing it with us at CC&S this week. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm sure your friend loved the goodie bag! Thanks for playing along with our "Celebration" challenge at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Asha that Goodie bags is so so cuuutee
    and I adore the coloring there
    and the second one is not your usual Asha
    so many lovely stitches
    (I just bought it yeah every month new DIES hihi its consuming right to have Big Shoot we have to buy new FOOD for him hehehe)
    Asha I love the color on the second card and it is really different than your normally card style
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Birthday Wishes' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is a fun entry; lovely stamping and colouring and I love the wrapped twine around the top. Thanks for joining with the Seven Hills Craft Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...