Saturday, 23 January 2016

Wonderful Watercolour

I'm a little obsessed with watercolours at the moment and have been experimenting in secret. That really translates into "I've had fun but most of it ended up in the bin". I'm better with controlled colouring which is why I love my Caran d'Ache Supra Soft pencil... but the splodgy backgrounds using tons of water... that just freaks me out.

2 challenges forced me out of the "colour closet" to display my work. There's always room for improvement, so comments, suggestions, hints, tips are most welcome.

First up is the card for Lawnscaping Challenge #122 - Watercolouring. The entire design piece is made up of water coloured elements on Canson Multimedia 300gsm paper. I used Winsor & Newton Watercolours for the background,  applied with great trepidation. It could be bolder and brighter.  For the clouds and sun I used Lawn Cuts Spring Showers and  water coloured the sun.

I also watercoloured the itty bitty main characters and supporting cast from Lawn Fawn Critters In The Forest set. But this time I used my Caran d'Ache Suprasoft Watercolour pencils. (I'm all about control!) Then I fussy cut them instead of using the coordinating dies. To add a little shine, I applied a few strokes of Wink of Stella in Clear and Gold.
Challenges:
Lawnscaping Challenge #122 - Watercolouring
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Create With Critters


***************

Next up - a watercoloured tag. And this one is for the Tag You're It Challenge inspired by
Erin Thiem's creation. It looks like Erin did some water colouring too. So picked that, along with her colour combo, the clouds and the red vehicle for my card. I'm using my long forgotten Waltzingmouse Half Pint Heroes stamps. I sneezed while stamping the sentiment and ... let's just pretend it is an intentional design twist. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! To cut the tag I used Lawn Cuts Tag You're It. I'm less pleased with this project... looks kinda ... sloppy. Not sure why.

As before, I coloured the car with Caran d'Ache Suprasoft Watercolour pencils and fussy cut it.
Challenges:
Tag You're It #39: Erin Thiem
Fantasy Stampers #54: All About The Boy

Thus ends my watercolouring adventure! Thank you so much for stopping by and have a lovely weekend. And one last thing - there's a new challenge in town: MHKDesigns January/February Challenge. Lovely prizes to be won. If you're into that sort of thing which, I shamelessly admit I am, make sure you drop in and play along!

Beijinhos!


Supplies

18 comments:

  1. Hello Asha, love, love your two fabulous makes today. I love watercolour too, but I'm not that good, but it makes me feel like a real artist when I use them, LOL.
    Lovely images and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE!! Now how cute are those critters!! Love your beautiful watercolor and I've heard about this medium, but not seen too much with it. Your tag is super sweet and adorable too my friend!! Way to knock them all outta the park!! ;) Enjoy the rest of your weekend where it's nice and warm!! LOL!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love!!!! And yes I love watercolors. Thank you so much for joining us at tag you're it challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! Great colouring with watercolors here!! Such a beautiful card, love these sweet critters and the stitched clouds!! Adorable scene! And the tag is supercute!! Fab works, my friend!
    Have a lovely Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Asha dont Think I am forgetting you my sweet friend
    I was in Indonesia from 21 Dec until 16 January and the connection of internet at my mom house is not good..
    I want to visit you I was jetlag and not going to blogland or making cards ..Asha I miss you even now it is 23:48 I want to say hi to you and tell
    your card and scene is soo cuutee love it and love the scene and the colors
    the Car TAG yay it is manly or great for boys..Love it too and you know I love your coloring skill Asha
    in how many DT member are you now Asha
    but I am sho happy at ATSM on the same challenge blog with you yaayy...we should visit each other if the Challeng ON...
    miss you Asha
    if wrong spelling I am sorry my computer is funny I cant make your site bigger also the Monitor showing your blog soo small oh ooohhh
    good night Asha..will catch up soon dear
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful water colour creations Asha, I love the scene on your card and the sweet little car on your tag
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so beautiful Asha. Fabulous colouring. I have never used watercolours so I am not much help..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  8. You created a darling scene with your critters, Asha! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous Watercolored creations. You are fantastic, I am useless. Mind you I am not much better with Alcohol Pens. Lol!!.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is like reading about me. I'm doing a bit of experimenting myself, involving water, it's hard not too add too much so then it's perhaps too little, difficult to find the balance. I haven't seen what's in your bin, but these certainly look great, both tag and card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how cute is this! Love how you interpreted Erin's camper tag. Your watercolor car is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love these critters! They are so cute and I love the mushrooms and the sky=wonderful card. The tag is also great because it is perfect for a boy/man. Nicely coloured too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two great watercolour projects Asha. The tag is just perfect for our all about the boy challenge at Fantasy Stampers. Your watercolouring is looking good. I always find it very difficult to use watercolours, I am unable to control the "spread" of the ink, I mush prefer my Spectrum Noir pens. I think I should challenge myself like you have and improve my watercolouring in 2016.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fantastic makes, you talented lady, p.s the Ferrero have eventually been eaten lol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those cute critters and the sweet drop top card. A really fun tag and fab w/colouring.
    Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your watercoloring turned out so cute! The scene on your first card is adorable and I really like the soft colors for the background! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Asha These are adorable! Love the little scenes you created with every little detail just right! Just look at the grass under the car.. amazing!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...