Monday, 11 January 2016

Winter Wonderland

Good morning, friends. It's an icy start to the week for us... so NOT my thing! We had a hectic weekend. I finally caught up on some of my long overdue chores. Still lots more to do... which I'm saving for another rainy day! :)

On to the card. Made this Lawn Fawn number last Friday in a bit of a rush. Not quite what I had in mind - things always look better in my head. I'm using 2 sets: an older but never used Winter In The Park and Frosty Friends. ... and coordinating dies. I ended up also using  my Cutter Bee scissors for a closer snip on some of the images.

I inked up the background with Distress Inks - Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans and Tumbled Glass. Stamped the snowflakes with Colorbox Silver ink and for the lamp posts I used VersaFine Onyx Black and Satin Red for the bows. To cut out the card front I used LF Large Stitched Square die. A touch of Copics for the street lamps and the card is done. Didn't take me long to make ... a rarity!

Here's a look at the birdies and mitts from LF Frosty Friends. I coloured them with Copics. No winter scene would be complete without glitter - Stardust Stickles and Distress Rock Candy loose glitter. For the bench I used VersaFine Vintage Sepia and popped the snowbank on some foam tape for dimension.

Challenge:
Lawnscaping Challenge #121: Winter Wonderland
Craft Your Passion #294: AG
Amusing Challenge: Let It Snow

Thanks for stopping by. Got to fly out the door for work now, folks.  Have a beautiful day!

Beijinhos

Supplies

19 comments:

  1. Very sweet card - love the scene you have created! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card I love lawn dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and scene Asha. You could send some cold weather here as it is Soooooo HOT..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty and cute sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love this card Asha, the little scene is lovely, great colours too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw what beautiful design, you have transported me into winter wonderland (I can feel the cold right now) You have such a eye for detail, I really admire your work so much and your work always makes me smile. Those birdies are so super sweet and coloured in so well. Perfect !!
    Hugs
    Missy Pink xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very impressed you managed to make this one quickly. I'm a slow card maker, I'm not sure I've made a less than in an hour card ever, lol. Looking sweet, beautiful inking and love the big square stitched die!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this card is really lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Asha, I like the lovely scene
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, this is such sweet scene Asha, adorable little birds!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this is cute! I love the little birdies on the park bench-Sparkle is always needed

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a cute winter scene. I love all the sparkly snow too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable little scene you've created! I adore it. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, so darn CUTE!! LOVE the incredible wintry scene you've put together here Asha!! The shimmery snowflakes and adorable birdies are so special!! I am a fan!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely LOVE your sweet winter scene! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is wonderful! I love the adorable scene you created. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Craft Your Passion. We would love to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Asha, this is just too cute for words! I love the beautiful scene you made. ~ Hugs, Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I ADORE THIS
    speechless
    you managed to made this so fast Asha
    I am too fast card maker but cant FASTER as you hehe
    this is too cuuutee
    love the bird the lamp the gloves
    the snowflakes the colors
    LOVE ALL
    graet card again Asha

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...